Wikinews:Flagged revisions/Requests for permissions
Please use this page to request the Flagged Revisions permission, putting new requests at the top. Requests will generally stay open for at least a week (unless fast-tracked), after which an administrator will read the comments made by other users and decide whether or not to add the flag.
Before a request
Before requesting this permission, you must be familiar with key policies, particularly the style guide and neutral point of view. Prior to review of any article, and its subsequent publication, you will be required to copyedit the article for any style issues. This requires a very good understanding of English grammar to maintain the quality of the project's published works.
You should have written many published articles with which no major problems should have arose during review lately. It is best if you have already helped to review articles and gave feedback to the author – either on your own, or together with an established reviewer. If you wish to practice under supervision, subscribe here, and reviewers will try to reach you on IRC before review sessions start.
Create the request for permission:
You may be asked questions by other users so they can review your request. Please try to provide full answers.
The request must remain open for at least seven days. An administrator will close the request and will also add the flag, if there is consensus. Closed requests are moved to the Archives.
|Note||If a request has been open for over a week, please leave a note at the talk page of an administrator.|
Requests for reviewer edit
NOMINATING COMMENT HERE -- NOMINATOR'S SIGNATURE WITH TIMESTAMP
- Links for Sakthivel Azhakiamanavalan: )
Questions and comments edit
- Oppose: Reviewer rights are only granted to people with experience with Wikinews and its practices; the only thing you've written is a non-news autobiography currently up for speedy deletion. In addition, reviewer requests are made under one's username, not one's real name. Heavy Water (talk) 15:14, 16 September 2023 (UTC)
Removal of Reviewer status edit
Post requests here regarding any user who you consider has abused reviewer status. Provide a justification for the removal, preferably with examples of where the permission has been abused.
After being de-sysopped, this person is still a reviewer. More than two years have passed, and he's been twice notified about his remaining tools and inactivity. However, not one review log has been made for two years, and I'm unsure how tracked his use of Easy Peer Review Tool has been. I doubt he has used the Tool, but I can stand corrected. Per WN:PEP, he shall no longer be a reviewer. --George Ho (talk) 19:38, 7 September 2023 (UTC)
- Links for Blood Red Sandman: )
Questions and comments edit
- Comment: I moved this from being a subpage of RfP to being a subpage of FR/RfP and changed where it was transcluded accordingly. This one does trip people up a lot. I don't know what we're to do with the redirect, though. Heavy Water (talk) 20:47, 7 September 2023 (UTC)
- Oppose: I agree it's highly unlikely they've used EzPR since. But as I stated at the request for TUFKAAP's desysopping: PeP is both something the community can choose to apply, with discretion and common sense, and a measure to prevent compromised admin accounts or admins unaware of now-significantly changed policy, not a punitive one for simple inactivity. It shouldn't be taken as "better revoke any permissions as soon as the letter of these requirements is met." (Well, compromised reviewer accounts are also something of concern but I've mainly heard Wikinewsies talk about compromised admin accounts when speaking of PeP's security dimension). I believe my comment is even more applicable here, as BRS was heavily active and at the cutting-edge of policy formulation years more recently and has, a few times, vanished off the face of the earth only to return and resume working productively. I didn't know this during the desysopping (which I didn't partake in as I was too inexperienced with Wikinews), but per this it seems they configured Special:EmailUser to send to their wikinewsie [dot] org email address (wikinewsie being defunct, of course), so they're not getting email notifications from talk page messages. Heavy Water (talk) 16:17, 16 September 2023 (UTC)