- User talk:SVTCobra/2006 Archive
- User talk:SVTCobra/2007 Archive
- User talk:SVTCobra/2008 Archive
- User talk:SVTCobra/2009 Archive
- User talk:SVTCobra/2010 Archive
- User talk:SVTCobra/2011-14 Archive
- User talk:SVTCobra/2015-17 Archive
- User talk:SVTCobra/2018 Archive
- User talk:SVTCobra/2019 Archive
ArbCom election 2020Edit
- I will be willing to stand for re-election. I have been inactive for a while but I am reachable (except for three months when I was trapped away from home when the pandemic lockdowns started) but I am back online. So if an ArbCom event should occur, I would be available. I guess a nomination rather than a self-nomination looks better. So feel free. Cheers, --SVTCobra 00:20, 7 July 2020 (UTC)
This is a long overdueEdit
Hi, SVTCobra. I want to apologise for the unnecessary caustic, and unnecessarily frictious interaction we had months, or maybe two years ago. I was picking fights, and responded rather aggressively. Over the past few years, I feel I have develpoed as a person. About six months ago, when I had just gotten the admin bits; I thought I was the best version of myself, on-wiki as I had ever been. Since then, I feel I have grown more, and realised the importance of maintaining healthy relations and being extra kind to the wonderful people I had a chance to interact with, and learn from. So, I too want to make things right. I am sorry for the rude behaviour back in (I don't even remember since when? late 2017?). I hope we can foster a much better relation from now on. Kind regards,
07:15, 9 July 2020 (UTC)
- Well, thank you. Apology accepted. And as you learned, I can get a bit ill-tempered online as well. Especially when I feel disrespected, at which point I usually give back as much as I receive. I consider it to be water under the bridge and long forgotten, but I do want to apologize to you as well. I think I may have been a bit too abrasive (to put it mildly). I try to be a principled Wikinewsie but sometimes it comes off as grandstanding. Cheers, --SVTCobra 22:54, 9 July 2020 (UTC)
Mind joining IRC?Edit
Tour de FranceEdit
Two passing thoughts, about those lookup table pages.
- I've often caught myself, some time after setting up a lookup table page (sometimes quite a long time after), having forgotten to sight it. The wiki platform interface, in its current form, makes that really easy to do.
- Do you use the UTCLiveClock gadget? Besides its obvious function of putting a counting UTC clock in the upper right of each panel, if you click on that counting clock it purges the current page, which I find a really convenient way to purge a page. I usually do that after saving a lookup table page, because otherwise the demo infobox on the page is saved without taking into account the table it's supposed to be demonstrating.
- @Pi zero: Yes, I noticed you sighted the lookup tables and started doing it. I did not know the clock could do that, but yes, it's been a little frustrating they don't display correctly, but they do in preview, so I have been relying at looking at the preview to ensure I set it up correctly. Thanks, --SVTCobra 13:44, 9 August 2020 (UTC)
- @Pi zero: Should we delete Template:State Infobox? Or at least mark it deprecated/historical? We don't want people to accidentally use it to create a new state infobox. I'd also like for it to not show up in Category:State infoboxes. Cheers, --SVTCobra 14:02, 9 August 2020 (UTC)