Blast, welcome to Wikinews! I hope you like the place and decide to stay. Here are a few good links for newcomers:
Our key policies - if you read anything, read these!
- Wikinews:Neutral point of view - tell every side to a story in a fair and balanced way
- Wikinews:Cite sources - everything in a Wikinews article must be sourced
Here a few pointers to help you get to know Wikinews:
- Wikinews:Introduction - overview of the site
- Wikinews:Writing an article - how to write and publish a complete article
- Wikinews:Content guide - what's suitable for Wikinews
- Wikinews:Contents - the contents page.
There are always things to do on Wikinews:
- Existing articles need expanding and checking for spelling and mistakes
- The front page lead articles often need updating
- Developing stories need finishing and publishing
- Discussions need your input
- And of course, stories need writing!
By the way, you can sign your name on Talk pages using four tildes (~~~~), which produces your name and the current date. If you have any questions, you can ask them at the water cooler or to anyone on the Welcommittee, or ask me on my Talk page. Again, welcome! — Doldrums(talk) 15:30, 17 November 2006 (UTC)
There is new policy on Wikinews about signatures. I am asking that you remove Image:Flag of United States.svg out of your signature as it "pollutes" the file links. Please read w:WP:SIG#Images for more information. I hope that you are willing to follow this policy on my behalf. —FellowWikiNews (W) 19:05, 31 December 2006 (UTC)
I noticed you were willing to work on this project. Welcome! Everything you need to know about the project can be learnt from listening to the latest recordings (ignoring my horrible foreign accent of course). Try Audacity if you don't have it already, it's really easy and allows ogg-exporting if you have the codices... maybe it'll take some time installing but it's all freely downloadable and worthwile! You can copy-paste the intro jingle from one of gumboyaya's works in the archive. I'll post the jingles I used in my last brief on Commons next week if I find the time.
PS: here's my newsletter :-p
The Goings-on SelectionEdit
Welcome to the first edition of this fortnightly Community Newsletter! If you have comments, please voice them. If you no longer wish to receive this newsletter, you can unsubscribe. If you have news for the next edition, please submit it here.--Steven Fruitsmaak (Reply) 00:30, 14 January 2007 (UTC)