Tristessa de St Ange, welcome to Wikinews! I hope you like the place and decide to stay. Here are a few good links for newcomers:
Our key policies - if you read anything, read these!
- Wikinews:Neutral point of view - tell every side to a story in a fair and balanced way
- Wikinews:Cite sources - everything in a Wikinews article must be sourced
Here a few pointers to help you get to know Wikinews:
- Wikinews:Introduction - overview of the site
- Wikinews:Writing an article - how to write and publish a complete article
- Wikinews:Content guide - what's suitable for Wikinews
- Wikinews:Style guide - how articles should look before publishing
- Wikinews:Contents - the contents page.
There are always things to do on Wikinews:
- Existing articles need expanding and checking for spelling and mistakes
- The front page lead articles often need updating
- Developing stories need finishing and publishing
- Discussions need your input
- Audio Wikinews could always use more contributors
- And of course, stories need writing!
By the way, you can sign your name on Talk pages using four tildes (~~~~), which produces your name and the current date. If you have any questions, you can ask them at the water cooler or to anyone on the Welcommittee, or ask me on my Talk page. Again, welcome! DragonFire1024 (Talk to the Dragon) 07:40, 31 December 2007 (UTC)
Maybe it was just me...but I thought I saw just a few POV in there. I would have fixed it myself, but I had to run. I apologize and i hope that this does not discourage you from writing more. DragonFire1024 (Talk to the Dragon) 19:37, 31 December 2007 (UTC)
Just wanted to say I listened to your news brief and it sounded great. Happy editing (and recording). Bawolff ☺☻ 10:37, 3 January 2008 (UTC) p.s. Theres a discrepancy between the license you say the recording is under in the recording (CC-By 2.5), and the license you say on the commons page (CC-BY-SA). I believe CC-By 2.5 is the correct one as that is what the rest of the site is under, and what other audio things have been under. Bawolff ☺☻ 10:51, 3 January 2008 (UTC)
I just want to congradulate you on a brilliant Wikinews news brief. --User:Anonymous101 18:40, 3 January 2008 (UTC)
- Well done, Now to find other people so it becomes a reliable feed :) ShakespeareFan00 16:07, 4 January 2008 (UTC)
Hello, hello? Is this thing on?Edit
Sounds good, didn't think it could strecth to 20 mins on the stories Wikinews had :) 18.104.22.168 21:11, 5 January 2008 (UTC)
- By the way, could you add [[category:Brief]] to the bottom of the news briefs. This keeps them out of maintenance lists of developing articles. Thanks. Bawolff ☺☻ 11:38, 6 January 2008 (UTC)
Hey Nicholas, what do you use to record your audionews. Sounds great! Poeloq 04:11, 9 January 2008 (UTC)
Nice work, if you want to work together, I contributed a lot to this project at one point but shifted to other work because of technical limits. Just give me a shout. Nice accent by the way! --Steven Fruitsmaak (Reply) 00:59, 13 January 2008 (UTC)
Keep going !Edit
Don't feel you have to stop :) 22.214.171.124 20:56, 19 January 2008 (UTC)
Audio Wikinews JingleEdit
I see that there is a new one. Where can I download it? --Munchkinguy 03:29, 23 January 2008 (UTC)
Great initiative with this interview, you've done a great job and it's really a good read. Thanks for doing it! Cirt 10:08, 6 February 2008 (UTC)
FYI, I mentioned you and your interview, and quoted from it, in this new article: Niece of Scientology's leader goes public with criticism. Cirt 12:47, 6 February 2008 (UTC)
I see that you (I think it was you) have asked to interview Brian Moore too. I want to say that you can carry out the interview instead of me if you want to as you are accredited on Wikinews.--Anonymous101 Talk 06:52, 27 February 2008 (UTC)
I've added you onto WN:CV. For a press pass contact MessedRocker and see if he is still doing them for us. You'll need to give him a photo - preferably a passport-style one - and an address to send the laminated pass to. --Brian McNeil / talk 08:04, 29 February 2008 (UTC)
- I'm going to tag all of the "dead" unfinished News Brief scripts for deletion. I realise now I left them in the mainspace where they shouldn't have been -- the other approach would be for me to userfy them and take them out of the Brief category. I'm going to start writing the News Briefs in userspace from now on to stop this from happening. I'll sort them all out in a moment. Thanks. --NicholasTurnbull - (talk) 01:36, 4 March 2008 (UTC)
see Huge interest brings Wikileaks offline#Copyright violation AzaToth - (talk) 14:19, 30 March 2008 (UTC)
Looking for assistance in preparation of an Obituary for WN.Edit
Hello Nicholas Turnbull: I wonder if you may be able to assist me. My name is Thor Malmjursson, and I am a recently accredited reporter here at WN. I am looking for assistance in preparation for an obituary which I am looking to publish here, following the death of a well respected LGBT activist (On and off Wikipedia), Jeffpw, who died on August 7th. The news of his death has only been released publicly on WP 9th August via the Administrator's noticeboard.
I have sought permission from his sister to go ahead and publish an obit on here regarding Jeff, his work on and off WP, his family, and his own personal loss (His husband died on 28th June this year) - this permission has yet to be obtained, hence preparation only at this time. As someone experienced with the preparation of newsbriefs, I was hoping to seek advice on the work needed for an Obit, since this will be my first one as a reporter here.
Please contact me through my User talk page here or via Thor.Malmjursson@wikinewsie.org - alternatively, you may contact me via my Email Through Wikinews button on my Accreditation notice.
Audio WN New formatEdit
Greetings, I wanted to let you know that our policy regarding accreditation has recently changed slightly. Specifically we've enacted an automatic expiration of accreditation after 2 years. You can very easily "re-up" your accreditation should you choose to, but at this point in time you're on the Inactive list. As such your accreditation will automatically be revoked on March 15th unless you request otherwise. Currently, posting to the following thread will keep your accreditation. At a later date, all Accredited reporters will be put in for that "re-up", at which time you'll be notified. Thank you, and should you have any questions, feel free to contact me on my talk page. --ShakataGaNai ^_^ 20:47, 4 March 2010 (UTC)
== accessories going well with christian louboutin pumps-3