- 1 Welcome
- 2 Audio Wikinews
- 3 Urban Planning...
- 4 proposed articles
- 5 Audio Wikinews
- 6 leeds accomodation investigation?
- 7 Your recent edits
- 8 Wikinews:Story preparation/Leeds, England rented student accomodation investigation.
- 9 Bhutto death
- 10 Re: Obits...
- 11 RE: OMM Converage
- 12 Ze German trademark law...
- 13 Revert image of Apeldoorn
- 14 Publishing
- 15 UK winter
- 16 Snow Video
- 17 Scrapyard burns in East London
- 18 Thomas Read Kemp
ShakespeareFan00, welcome to Wikinews! Thank you for your contributions; I hope you like the place and decide to stay! If you haven't done so already, you may want to create an account.
Our key policies - if you read anything, read these!
- Wikinews:Neutral point of view - tell every side to a story in a fair and balanced way
- Wikinews:Cite sources - everything in a Wikinews article must be sourced
Here a few pointers to help you get to know Wikinews:
- Wikinews:Introduction - overview of the site
- Wikinews:Writing an article - how to write and publish a complete article
- Wikinews:Content guide - what's suitable for Wikinews
- Wikinews:Contents - the contents page.
- Wikinews:Newsroom - The comunity portal
There are always things to do on Wikinews:
- Existing articles need expanding and checking for spelling and mistakes
- The front page lead articles often need updating
- Developing stories need finishing and publishing
- Discussions need your input
- And of course, stories need writing!
By the way, you can sign your name on Talk pages using four tildes (~~~~), which produces your name and the current date. If you have any questions, you can ask them at the water cooler or to anyone on the Welcommittee, or ask me on my Talk page. Again, welcome! --Chiacomo (talk) 00:13, 21 December 2005 (UTC)
Assuming the solution suggested on the talk page is acceptable, and the articles aren't copyvio keep going :)
BTW Are you in Urban Planning professionally?
ShakespeareFan00 22:43, 4 February 2007 (UTC)
hi, just wanted to let u know that there's an idea to replace the proposed articles list on the newsroom by allowing users to write brief reports in Wikinews Shorts. — Doldrums(talk) 10:21, 8 February 2007 (UTC)
I wanted to ask you what the status was on any Wiki-radio projects you know of? Is WikiCast dead? Do you think our audio can be used on other wiki-radio projects? --Steven Fruitsmaak (Reply) 22:48, 20 November 2007 (UTC)
leeds accomodation investigation?Edit
Why was this taken of the colab requests? I am assuming because it wasn't a story yet? ShakespeareFan00 22:32, 20 November 2007 (UTC)
- Primarily it was because it listed with the entire url and not as an internal link. Also, the fact that the story prep is empty is a factor. I think it should point to the active investigation instead. I will re-add it as such and you can see how to use the internal link. I should have done that right away, but got distracted. Cheers and happy editing, --SVTCobra 23:07, 20 November 2007 (UTC)
Your recent editsEdit
I unpublished the Chief Constable in Court for road offences story because as of right now there is no news in it. Compare to the story we had on Oct. 31 and look at the date of the sources.
Articles, which are original reporting and that have notes posted on the collaboration page, do not need additional sources as you commented about Branding professionals in Taiwan promoted on the "Smiling Curve" in the "2007 Taiwan Brands' Trend Forum". --SVTCobra 18:53, 21 November 2007 (UTC)
Ta for the info, I'll check it out next time :) Guinness2702 14:55, 27 December 2007 (UTC)
Thanks for the feedback on last weekend's obits article. Not sure if I can guarantee a weekly or regular appearance, as that article actually took a fair bit of time to put together, even with sources and content readily available. Regular features really require some sort of group effort - witness the on/off action with the Audio Wikinews. However, I could rough in an obits article for this weekend and hope people can contribute and expand things. DL+1613 03:01, 25 January 2008 (UTC)
RE: OMM ConverageEdit
Ze German trademark law...Edit
Revert image of ApeldoornEdit
Hi there. I have reverted your edit on the article about the Koniginnedag incident. The reason was that the image you provided had a dutch caption and had a worse frame of reference than the previous image you provided. Greetings, 220.127.116.11 13:14, 30 April 2009 (UTC)
Hi - if Im not mistaken, only "Editors" can publish articles, as they have to be sighted to show up on the front page. As far as I know, even for breaking news, the process for this is to review the article first (also by an Editor). So Ive changed the Dutch article to "breaking review", which usually get it attention relatively quick (fraid I have other stuff on my hands just now, was merely browsing by the Wikinews). Regards (and of course feel free to ask back if you have questions) Sean Heron (talk) 13:22, 30 April 2009 (UTC)
I just noticed that there is another, slightly longer article: Car_plows_into_crowd_during_Dutch_Queen's_Day_celebrations . If you have the time, you might try to merge the article you were working on into that one. Sean Heron (talk) 13:27, 30 April 2009 (UTC)
Thanks :-) I'm looking to do some interviews with locals at some point, I'm planning to do a follow up video at some point, possibly tomorrow or when the thaw starts. I don't have any contacts in the Parish Council, but I'll certainly have a look around. The local newsletter, for which I write, comes out on a quarterly basis (with the next one in January), so I'm not sure what they'll be saying about it. I'm on good terms with the editor, though, so I'll have a word. wackywace 17:22, 19 December 2010 (UTC)
Unfortunately, another user added a "review" tag to the above article and I had to fail it. I am unsure whether you were finished with the article, abandoned it, or planned on adding to it, but it seemed incomplete and did not stress the newsworthiness of the event.--William S. Saturn (talk) 23:04, 21 July 2011 (UTC)
Thomas Read KempEdit
I am interested in the drawing of TRK by Lawrence; are you able to email me on the subject? My office holds many of the family's papers best wishes Christopher Whittick Senior archivist, East Sussex Record Office firstname.lastname@example.org