User:Gryllida/welcome a bit
This is an essay by one or more individuals on using and contributing to Wikinews. It contains their advice or opinions, not necessarily those of the Wikinews community. Community essays can be found introduction.; links to official policies can be found in the Wikinews
|This is an user essay, suggested by its author(s). It's not a policy or guideline., nor a|
This is an unofficial experiment, by which I aim to improve the feedback to new submissions. Your participation is voluntary. If you have any suggestions, please leave me a message. Thanks, --Gryllida (talk) 01:36, 22 March 2019 (UTC)
|This is an unofficial experiment, by which I aim to improve the feedback to new submissions. Your participation is voluntary. If you have any suggestions, please leave me a message. Thanks, --Gryllida (talk) 01:36, 22 March 2019 (UTC)|
To encourage timely completion of new submissions, you can help by 'welcoming' each new article 'a bit'. A welcome is:
- instant (or nearly instant)
- inviting to work together (and if they are asking for help, then keep this promise :) )
To offer your help with the code, click 'source code' below.
Sign up edit
Signing up allows you to receive instant notifications of new drafts submissions by email or on your personal talk page on wiki.
Note: There also are alternative signup options for advanced users; see /Signup.
What is in it for me? edit
|What is in it for me?||What's in it for others?|
Want to be a welcome-a-bit (WaB) superhero?
Recent changes edit
Version 4, April 4 2020:
- added 'review' category notifications (type '/r')
- fixed a bug with list of categories in wiki delivery
- fixed a bug with empty delivery when all news is already delivered
- added 'bot' flag for the bot
Version 3, April 28 2019:
- added gui for signup
- added gui for removal of personal talk page messages
- added author and categories information to each article in the notifications
Version 2, April 1, 2019:
- avoid duplicate notifications if a page was added to two categories of interest;
- added on-wiki notifications;
- added workaround for DPL bug (T218016) which does not exclude Published category;
- grouped new messages together not by category
- corrected a loop to ensure the unsorted list of pages is fully processed even when one of the pages in the middle is too old
People and whom to ask for help edit
This tool is being maintained by Gryllida who does the coding and documentation.
Thanks also to these people who have greatly helped with their ideas and feedback:
If the are any issues or suggestions, just ask at the talk page: Click here to leave a message.
What's next? edit
After signing up, you will receive notifications at your email or talk page each time a new article is created in the topic of your choice. You will receive instructions how to welcome the article.
Note: the software for the delivery of new submissions to your inbox or your talk page is currently ready for testing, and is expected to be completed in fully in February 2019. Sign up to test it today.
More informations: /More
Information for helpers: User:Gryllida/welcome a bit/for helpers
Source code: https://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/weabit/
Mastodon (the free federated Twitter alternative): @firstname.lastname@example.org