|This is an archive of past discussions from Wikinews:Water cooler/technical/archives/2020. Do not edit the contents of this page. If you wish to start a new discussion or revive an old one, please do so on the|
How do I temporarily lock my talk page?
There is a global pandemic on and I don't have the emotional reserves for the sort of comments I'm getting. How do I temporarily lock my talk page so that if someone calls me names or badgers me on this site, at least it's not on a page that's going to send me an email each time? I do not want someone else to do it for me. I do not want to just shut off email alerts.
- Not replying to people would do. Gryllida (talk) 15:42, 2 April 2020 (UTC)
Welcome a bit: new release
The User:Gryllida/welcome a bit tool has had a new release:
- added 'review' category notifications (type '/r') (this is in alpha testing - useful for all reviewers)
- fixed a bug with list of categories in wiki delivery
- fixed a bug with empty delivery when all news is already delivered
Also if you are signed up but you have not received notifications for a while, please let me know.
The "Know of something happening today? Request an article about it now." message didn't seem to make an impact. Would someone be interested in replacing it with something like this?
- "Like reading news often? Subscribe here to receive new published articles, or to get involved in editing new drafts before publication."
From technical perspective, additions of new subscribers are currently manual. I hope if there is large interest then I will be able to include this in the program.
If it is interesting, I can remove references to my name in it and address these messages to the talk page of the bot account (User:Trigonidiida).
Editing news 2020 #1 – Discussion tools
19:28, 8 April 2020 (UTC)