Wikinews:Country of the Week
| This page is no longer current and/or valid. It is kept for historical record or interest. Do not assume content on this page is still technically correct.
If the information contained on this page becomes timely again, please remove this tag.
Project Map edit
See also: Wikinews:Article distribution
Above is a map depicting the 190 or so countries in the world. The dark green indicates good Wikinews coverage, and the red and orange indicates little or no Wikinews coverage. We want this map to be all dark green by year end. Due to Wikinews' relative youth, many countries suffer severe under representation - indeed the majority of countries have few or no articles currently written about them. The aim of Country of the Week is to rectify this situation. Each week a particular country will be chosen and people will be encouraged to go out of their way to write articles about that country for the week. Each week begins and ends at 00:00 UTC Sunday. This is merely a formality; contributors can submit an article a day early or late for a given country if it suits them better.
Previous Countries of the week can be found in the Results log. All votes, and resulting articles, will be moved there.
This weeks results: Antarctica edit
Current Votes edit
Each week the country with the most votes will be made Country of the Week. Users can vote once a week, but not for the same country more than once (e.g. Hungary this week, but not again next week). The total number of votes are in brackets. If a draw occurs, the country with the oldest vote will win.
French Polynesia (2) edit
Saint Lucia (1) edit
- - Amgine 19:12, 22 Apr 2005 (UTC)
Libya (1) edit
Greece (1) edit
Interested Wikinewsies edit
Please add your name if you are interested in participating. You are not signing a commitment here, just expressing interest. This is a voluntary program that you can participate in irregularly.
- → CGorman (Talk) 20:43, 30 Mar 2005 (UTC)
- ~The bellman | Smile 22:18, 30 Mar 2005 (UTC)
- Dan100 (Talk) 19:13, 1 Apr 2005 (UTC)
- -- Redge (Talk) 09:59, 27 Apr 2005 (UTC)
- cspurrier (Talk) 20:48, 27 Apr 2005 (UTC)
- Lyellin (Talk) 22:42, 28 Apr 2005 (UTC)
- DouglasGreen (Talk) 00:09, 1 May 2005 (UTC)
- Ronline 12:25, 1 May 2005 (UTC)
- ClareWhite 16:47, 3 Jun 2005 (UTC)
- Ambi 08:15, 13 Jun 2005 (UTC)
- RossKoepke 04:11, 18 Jun 2005 (UTC)
- Tdempsey 07:12, 25 Jun 2005 (UTC)
- Pedant 3 July 2005 20:02 (UTC)
- Patricknoddy (Talk) 2:13pm December 4, 2005 EDT
- PVJ (Talk) 08:57, 24 May 2006 (UTC)
- Ali Rana (Talk) 04:05, 31 October 2009 (UTC)
Countries with no articles edit
The following is a list of countries that have no articles (other than possibly "UN holding recruitment exams in under-represented countries"). You may write an article for any of the below countries at any time, we merely select one country a week to make our goal more achievable. If you write an article for one of the countries, please remove it from the list.
- Andorra - Wikipedia
- Barbados - Wikipedia
- Benin - Wikipedia
- Brunei - Wikipedia
- Central African Republic - Wikipedia
- Comoros - Wikipedia
- Côte d'Ivoire - Wikipedia
- Falkland Islands - Wikipedia
- French Guiana - Wikipedia
- French Polynesia - Wikipedia
- Gabon - Wikipedia
- Kiribati - Wikipedia
- Lesotho - Wikipedia
- Liechtenstein - Wikipedia
- Madagascar - Wikipedia
- Micronesia - Wikipedia
- Papua New Guinea - Wikipedia
- Pitcairn Islands - Wikipedia
- Saint Lucia - Wikipedia
- San Marino - Wikipedia
- Seychelles - Wikipedia
- Sierra Leona - Wikipedia