QUINTIX, welcome to Wikinews! I hope you like the place and decide to stay. Here are a few good links for newcomers:
Our key policies - if you read anything, read these!
- Wikinews:Neutral point of view - tell every side to a story in a fair and balanced way
- Wikinews:Cite sources - everything in a Wikinews article must be sourced
Here a few pointers to help you get to know Wikinews:
- Wikinews:Introduction - overview of the site
- Wikinews:Writing an article - how to write and publish a complete article
- Wikinews:Content guide - what's suitable for Wikinews
- Wikinews:Style guide - how articles should look before publishing
- Wikinews:Contents - the contents page.
There are always things to do on Wikinews:
- Existing articles need expanding and checking for spelling and mistakes
- The front page lead articles often need updating
- Developing stories need finishing and publishing
- Discussions need your input
- Audio Wikinews could always use more contributors
- And of course, stories need writing!
By the way, you can sign your name on Talk pages using four tildes (~~~~), which produces your name and the current date. If you have any questions, you can ask them at the water cooler or to anyone on the Welcommittee, or ask me on my Talk page. Again, welcome!--MarkTalk to me 16:08, 3 May 2008 (UTC)
Comment on my talk pageEdit
Your user page suggests that you will soon engage in flaming. I am not sure if that is what you meant to say, but if you do indulge in that kind of behavior, I think you will quickly find yourself blocked. Please engage other users in civil discussion and polite sparring, whether your comments are thought-provoking, insightful, or even controversial. Cheers, --SVTCobra 00:01, 23 May 2008 (UTC)
- I think dumping ground is more accurate term. Again, I feel that it is very important that I do not rely on simple anecdotes, and have at least a couple of citations to verify my claims in future opinions related (hopefully not tangentially related, as you noted in my most little op-ed) to news events.
- My preference would be to have said lists of links in a separate user subpage altogether. Until then I plan to figure out how to turn that bulleted list into a nice table. After all, the sandbox/soapbox started off as an experiment with tables and positioning.