He passed on Valentines Day
- It saddens me to hear this. While he was a very controversial figure in wikinews, he had a large role to play in the development of our project. Without his influence, Wikinews would not be what it is today. Bawolff ☺☻ 06:41, 19 February 2009 (UTC)
k; i guess that's it then. all the best and just try to think about the readers and try to give them something they won't find on Fox or Cnn. Otherwise, this will not look any better a year from now.
- To Eloquence,Amgine,DV, and Ed for helping me get started
- To Nyarlathotep,Simeon,International,Ed,the German contrib(begins with a V) and PVJ59 for constant support.
- To Dan100 for writing this
- thanks to the readers whoever and wherever they are.
the future of wikinewsEdit
- When 8 of the 10 editors with the most contributions in any one month ever put a petition on this page asking me to come back, I will. However, with the current rate of progress in collective mentality; I expect that may be after I am dead.
- In the meantime,this will not improve until you are able to differentiate your product from the systemic propaganda people can find on western media. Until you use the word "terrorists" for the people who kill the most civilians as well as the people who kill less; or else don't use the word at all, thinking young people will not waste their time reading your work.
2 parting giftsEdit
- and now, I'll leave you with something that can change your life; Neutralizer 02:46, 13 October 2006 (UTC)
- "Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never--in nothing, great or small, large or petty--never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense. Never yield to force." -Churchill
- and 1 observation which slowly brought understanding to me of what the hell is really going on in this world.
- 9 men were responsible for creating,financing and supplying america's enemies and other types of war promotion/profiteering as well as the secretization of american government with the 1947 National Security Act and subsequent amendments. Had none of these men been born, the world may have well been spared WW2, Korean war, Vietnam War, and the current War on Terror. All 9 have an allegiance to something which transcends,by oath, all their other personal,commercial,spiritual and national allegiances. That allegiance is the observation to which I refer. Occam's razor must be employed to open the door to this, the mother of all escapes to reality. You may feel unsettled and in denial if you dare to go down this path. This economist's books are a good guide and reassurance that what you are finding out is actually real.
- Averell Harriman,Prescott Bush, Robert Lovett, George Walker, Roland Harriman, George H.W. Bush, William Bundy, George W. Bush, McGeorge Bundy.
I have decided to leave Wikinews following the RfDA. I just want to thank you for the help and support you have offered me throughout my career here. It has been great to have worked with you, and I hope things work out for you soon. Best regards. PVJ(Talk)(Articles I have written) 10:07, 25 October 2006 (UTC)
Notice the Taliban were able to completely halt opium production in 2001 after the TALIBAN outlawed it as being contrary to the teachings of Islam.
Now our politicians tell you the USA/UK etc.can't stop it. Of course the USA doesn't do the aerial spraying in Afghanistan like they do in Columbia and, oh yeah, the CIA also says Afghan opium is the primary source of funding for al-Queda.
They must really think you're stupid. Neutralizer 13:52, 29 October 2006 (UTC)
New Policy has users up in smokeEdit
Hello. I am not sure if you check this page anymore, but I thought you might be interested as to what is going on here at Wikinews: Wikinews:Image use policy/New wikimedia policy action plan. I am outraged as well as others...do you have an opinion? DragonFire1024 09:38, 30 March 2007 (UTC)
As per your parole agreement, your 6 month ban imposed has expired on April 5. You can freely edit Wikinews :) DragonFire1024 11:10, 6 April 2007 (UTC)
- Looking forward to working with you again neut. Brian | (Talk) | New Zealand Portal 11:30, 6 April 2007 (UTC)
- I'd like to point out, that his block was extended past six months for trying to evade his block. Bawolff ☺☻ 23:16, 16 April 2007 (UTC)
A Hopeful RequestEdit
I would like to make a request that you come back onboard with Wikinews. The project needs you. Your opinions and contributions are needed to make Wikinews function as a neutral and fair new source. I see you've stated above "When 8 of the 10 editors with the most contributions in any one month ever put a petition on this page asking me to come back, I will." I'm going to take the first step to start that petition. I hope all Wikinewsies with good heads on their solder will sign it. We miss you. Ycanneh 21:58, 16 April 2007 (UTC)
- Come on back, Neut! Ycanneh 21:58, 16 April 2007 (UTC)
- I don't know if your vote counts, but based on this, and the head on my shoulders, I'll sign.--Steven Fruitsmaak (Reply) 22:10, 16 April 2007 (UTC)
- No. never ever This user has been banned from evry single wikimedia foundation project, on threat of having an abuse report sent to his isp. He is the single reason for the creation of the arbitration committe, he has caused the most disruption in all of the time I've been at wikinews. He's caused wheel wars, He has caused a significant number of contributors quit, He is a conspiracy nut, Calls people he disagrees with agents of the united states governemnt. and much more. I say good ridence to him, and don't want him to ever come back. Sorry if that was a little harsh. Bawolff ☺☻ 23:13, 16 April 2007 (UTC)
- Nope. I didn't work with Neutralizer, but from what I've been told by other contributors, he was a nusiance. 23:25, 16 April 2007 (UTC)
- Yes: If the user agrees to contribute in a good way why not? DragonFire1024 09:42, 18 April 2007 (UTC)
- No, not welcome. Besides, this poll was started by one of the other people that aided and abetted Neutralizer in serious disruption of the site. User is incapable of following NPOV or working towards consensus. Caused serious site disruption and - prior to block - was running his personal Jihad against the U.S. Government, trying to use Wikinews as his platform for an extreme POV that was only supported by conspiracy theorist nut-jobs and people who believe there is a secret world government. --Brian McNeil / talk 09:53, 18 April 2007 (UTC)
Comment: above comment breaches Wikinews:Etiquette"Don't label or personally attack people or their edits".Brianmc's personal pro-US Jihad is only supported by reality deniers who would refer to people like Smedley Darlington Butler (who won the Medal of Honor TWICE and is the most decorated Marine in U.S. history)as a "conspiracy nut". 220.127.116.11 13:22, 28 May 2007 (UTC)
::No this user was one of the reasons that I gave up on Wikinews for months. When I came back, I found it to be a much better place. Until now, I hadn't made the connection that it was the absence of Neutralizer. could have been a coincidence --SVTCobra 23:08, 19 April 2007 (UTC)
- Come back and don't do what you used to do, instigate (I'm guilty of that too) if that is possible. If I have it right, MessedRocker, who had it wrong, left. Give it a try. -Edbrown05 09:33, 21 April 2007 (UTC)... yes it is possible I instigate :) unsigned guess who, ED