Second controlled explosion to be carried out in Bristol, United Kingdom
Saturday, April 19, 2008
Avon and Somerset Police released a statement on this development:
|As a result of further investigations at that location, a suspicious substance was discovered.
The EOD (Explosive Ordnance Disposal) were called in and have decided that the most appropriate course of action is to conduct a controlled explosion which is likely to happen within the next few hours.
This move comes after Avon and Somerset police arrested a man in the Westbury on Trym area of the city on suspicion of terrorism.
- "Bristol police plan second blast" — , April 19, 2008
- "Second controlled explosion to be carried out" — , April 18, 2008
- "Police to hold terror suspect" — , April 18, 2008
- "BREAKING NEWS: MAN, 19, HELD IN ANTI-TERROR RAID" — , April 18, 2008
- "LATEST: BRISTOL TERROR SUSPECT NAMED" — , April 18, 2008
- "Man arrested under Terrorism Act" — , April 18, 2008