Siebrand, welcome to Wikinews! I hope you like the place and decide to stay. Here are a few good links for newcomers:
Our key policies - if you read anything, read these!
- Wikinews:Neutral point of view - tell every side to a story in a fair and balanced way
- Wikinews:Cite sources - everything in a Wikinews article must be sourced
Here a few pointers to help you get to know Wikinews:
- Wikinews:Introduction - overview of the site
- Wikinews:Writing an article - how to write and publish a complete article
- Wikinews:Content guide - what's suitable for Wikinews
- Wikinews:Style guide - how articles should look before publishing
- Wikinews:Contents - the contents page.
There are always things to do on Wikinews:
- Existing articles need expanding and checking for spelling and mistakes
- The front page lead articles often need updating
- Developing stories need finishing and publishing
- Discussions need your input
- Audio Wikinews could always use more contributors
- And of course, stories need writing!
By the way, you can sign your name on Talk pages using four tildes (~~~~), which produces your name and the current date. If you have any questions, you can ask them at the water cooler or to anyone on the Welcommittee, or ask me on my Talk page. Again, welcome!--Steven Fruitsmaak (Reply) 23:32, 29 October 2007 (UTC)
When updating the image name, please also update the credit= section down the bottom. This makes the image credit link still work. Thanks! Matt/TheFearow | userpage | contribs 20:03, 25 November 2007 (UTC)
- Hmm, OK. Guess I didn't know about that feature yet :). Thanks. Siebrand 08:21, 26 November 2007 (UTC)
Contributing in other ways Edit
Please, cancel your changes Category:Odessa to Category:Odesa! Because original name is Odessa (see article in en-wiki). And why did you make it without any discussing only by request from one man? --Assedo (talk) 07:58, 21 July 2008 (UTC)