Niacey, welcome to Wikinews! I hope you like the place and decide to stay. Here are a few good links for newcomers:
Our key policies - if you read anything, read these!
- Wikinews:Neutral point of view - tell every side to a story in a fair and balanced way
- Wikinews:Cite sources - everything in a Wikinews article must be sourced
Here a few pointers to help you get to know Wikinews:
- Wikinews:Introduction - overview of the site
- Wikinews:Writing an article - how to write and publish a complete article
- Wikinews:Content guide - what's suitable for Wikinews
- Wikinews:Contents - the contents page.
There are always things to do on Wikinews:
- Existing articles need expanding and checking for spelling and mistakes
- The front page lead articles often need updating
- Developing stories need finishing and publishing
- Discussions need your input
- Audio Wikinews could always use more contributors
- And of course, stories need writing!
By the way, you can sign your name on Talk pages using four tildes (~~~~), which produces your name and the current date. If you have any questions, you can ask them at the water cooler or to anyone on the Welcommittee, or ask me on my Talk page. Again, welcome! --Brian McNeil / talk 09:50, 19 August 2007 (UTC)
Peace activists propose 'Fast for Freedom'Edit
Yes, Niacey, it was deleted. It went through a deletion request vote and consensus was that it did not conform to article standards. I think with your story, perhaps you might be best to request an inverview with an accredited wikinews reporter. Jcart1534 17:34, 24 August 2007 (UTC)
- apologies for the lack of response. i was in-active for a few days and when i did pick up your message i thought it would have been dealt with. also i wasn't knowledgeable enough with the story to provide advice. sorry --MarkTalk to me 17:41, 30 August 2007 (UTC)
- It looks good now, and fits some of the standards I can see. Plenty of sources, accurate info, some good external links, categorised. I'll leave it up to others to decide whether it's ready though. TheFearow 22:42, 30 August 2007 (UTC)