Mutton333, welcome to Wikinews! I hope you like the place and decide to stay. Here are a few good links for newcomers:
Our key policies - if you read anything, read these!
- Wikinews:Neutral point of view - tell every side to a story in a fair and balanced way
- Wikinews:Cite sources - everything in a Wikinews article must be sourced
Here a few pointers to help you get to know Wikinews:
- Wikinews:Introduction - overview of the site
- Wikinews:Writing an article - how to write and publish a complete article
- Wikinews:Content guide - what's suitable for Wikinews
- Wikinews:Style guide - how articles should look before publishing
- Wikinews:Contents - the contents page.
There are always things to do on Wikinews:
- Existing articles need expanding and checking for spelling and mistakes
- The front page lead articles often need updating
- Developing stories need finishing and publishing
- Discussions need your input
- Audio Wikinews could always use more contributors
- And of course, stories need writing!
By the way, you can sign your name on Talk pages using four tildes (~~~~), which produces your name and the current date. If you have any questions, you can ask them at the water cooler or to anyone on the Welcommittee, or ask me on my Talk page. Again, welcome! DragonFire1024 (Talk to the Dragon) 22:16, 21 October 2007 (UTC)
Hi there! I noticed that in this edit you changed someone else's text because you felt the word "shit" wasn't appropriate. Please don't do that; Wikinews is not censored. Everyone has an equal voice, using whatever words they choose.
The template at the top of the page is advisory only ("however please try to avoid swearing") and does not give you license to change the text that others wrote.00:04, 24 October 2007 (UTC)
If some vulgar language has been turned into hyphens, it is probably my doing.Edit
I noticed this statement on your user page. I will advise you against acting like some kind of self-appointed censor on Wikinews. While cursing is inappropriate in news articles, usually for reasons such as WN:NPOV, Wikinews is not to be censored. Changing other people's comments (unless they constitute a personal attack) is generally a no-no. Cheers and happy editing. --SVTCobra 00:15, 24 October 2007 (UTC)