Please be respectful and friendly, avoid labeling or name calling, and avoid making defamatory statements or insinuations. I will move edits that I find offensive to the "Defamatory / Offensive" section at the bottom of the page and will ignore them. If your edit ends up there, please modify it and move it back into position and I will take another look at it. Edits that remain in the Defamatory / Offensive section for 3 days will be deleted.
All communication with me is in the public record and subject to publication. There is no way to communicate with me pseudo-confidentially except by prior arrangement. Wo'O Ideafarm (talk) 05:21, 20 April 2013 (UTC)
Please start new conversations by inserting a new section immediately below this one so that the most recently started conversation is first. I am a morals teacher, and I can teach much to those who are willing to submit themselves to the authority of a teacher. Please enter this page as if you are entering into my home as my guest, or are entering my office as my student. My availability to you for conversation is conditioned on your willingness to do this. Wo'O Ideafarm (talk) 15:00, 25 April 2013 (UTC)
The immoral behavior of the morality teacher: Threats, lies and failures for Ideafarmcity to apologizeEdit
As you claim to teach morality, respected unequal with rights that others do not possess, I would ask you to in ten words or less answer each of these questions:
- I am a morals teacher. That does not mean that I am particularly moral. What I know about immorality is drawn largely from my own experience; I have been exceptionally immoral, as I define the term. It is my immorality, not my morality, that is the foundation for my claim of expertise. Wo'O Ideafarm (talk)
Why is it okay for you to threaten people with violence?
- I never said anything on Wikinews that could reasonably be interpreted as a threat. If you want to discuss this further, please provide an accurate direct quote with a reference to the page upon which it appears. Wo'O Ideafarm (talk)
Why it is acceptable for you to not apologize for threatening people with violence once you were made aware that you were doing so?
- My current understanding is that you have misunderstood something that I said. Once you provide me with a direct quote, so that I know exactly which utterance we are discussing, we can discuss what the utterance was intended to communicate and whether you have the right to an apology. Wo'O Ideafarm (talk)
Why it is acceptable to lie about others?
- This is "out of the blue". I have no idea which utterance you refer to here. Please provide a direct quote and a link for this also. Wo'O Ideafarm (talk)
Why it is acceptable for you to not apologize when you are aware of and have acknowledged that you made false allegations against others?
- Please also provide a direct quote and a link for this utterance, and we can discuss it. Wo'O Ideafarm (talk)
Is this talk page haunted by evil spirits?Edit
I am a newbie. The content of this page has repeatedly disappeared without any trace and then reappeared 18-24 hours later. The revision history page has been totally useless to me when I try to figure out what is going on; it often disappears along with the content. To whoever is doing this, PLEASE STOP! Give me a break! Feel free to start or participate in conversations, but please show me some respect and let me control the structure of this page, at least for a week or two, so that I can get my bearings here and get to know some of you without having our pending conversation disappear suddenly and mysteriously. Wo'O Ideafarm (talk) 05:12, 20 April 2013 (UTC)
I just realized what was going on. I didn't know that I have a separate talk page for Wikipedia and for each of the other projects that Wikipedia hosts. Which talk page I saw was determined randomly by whatever I was doing before deciding to view my talk page. Wo'O Ideafarm (talk) 15:00, 25 April 2013 (UTC)
- I've edited that to clarify that it is only a suggested tactic when the editor does not know what is offending me.
- Hm. The distancing might help some, but (4) is inherently patronizing (it's in what is said rather than how it is said) and I'd expect a problem with people resenting the patronization, inclining them to feel negatively toward you, thereby causing you to feel negatively toward them and so on in a positive feedback loop. --Pi zero (talk) 06:21, 19 April 2013 (UTC)
I'm interested to understand, from your perspective, why you feel it necessary to suppress criticism of you? The archives of my user talk contain lots of nasty stuff people have said to me, preserved for posterity. In all my years on Wikinews, excepting obvious vandalism I recall only one occasion when I closed a discussion, noting that any further posts on that thread would be removed — and I didn't have to remove anything, because I'd deliberately allowed the complainant to have the last word, so there were no further posts on that thread. --Pi zero (talk) 05:38, 19 April 2013 (UTC)
- My views might change as I emerge from my newbie shell. At the moment, I will not allow people to defame me on my own talk page. I don't have an infinite amount of time to monitor and respond to edits on this page.
Implied threats of violence reduxEdit
Hi. Are you going to retract the comment that you made that implied violence against people who did not hold the same position as you? You blanked your talk page (and then put up a legal notice) instead of addressing this point. I address you as a respected equal, wanting to know if my respected equal really believes implied threats of violence are acceptable, especially once informed that their position as social scientist led to the interpretation of their words being construed as a threat of violence. --LauraHale (talk) 05:21, 19 April 2013 (UTC)
- I'm swimming as fast as I can to get up to speed on how things are done in Wikipedia. Your question offended me because you insinuated that I had made a threat. I see now that the offense was not intended. Nothing I have said on Wikipedia could reasonably be construed as a threat of violence or as an encouragement to others to commit violence. Your post led me to add text to make sure that no one would do so. Not sure why you are pressing for an apology for saying something that I never said. Please do converse with me if you are not completely satisfied with this response and thank you for using your real name, Laura Hale. Wo'O Ideafarm (talk) 05:34, 19 April 2013 (UTC)
Defamatory / OffensiveEdit
Hint: If you don't know what in your edit offends me, use this checklist: (1) Eliminate all name calling and labeling, such as "bigot", "homophobe", "racist", "sexist", etc. (2) Eliminate all negative remarks about my character, intelligence, motives, personality, and presumed intentions. (3) Eliminate insinuations. If your edit still ends up here, try these: (4) Write to me as you would write to a respected teacher, parent, or elder. Think of this page as my classroom, and you are my student. (5) If you despise or hate me, that will come through in your writing, which will end up here and be ignored.