Hello32020, welcome to Wikinews! I hope you like the place and decide to stay. Here are a few good links for newcomers:
Our key policies - if you read anything, read these!
- Wikinews:Neutral point of view - tell every side to a story in a fair and balanced way
- Wikinews:Cite sources - everything in a Wikinews article must be sourced
Here a few pointers to help you get to know Wikinews:
- Wikinews:Introduction - overview of the site
- Wikinews:Writing an article - how to write and publish a complete article
- Wikinews:Content guide - what's suitable for Wikinews
- Wikinews:Contents - the contents page.
There are always things to do on Wikinews:
- Existing articles need expanding and checking for spelling and mistakes
- The front page lead articles often need updating
- Developing stories need finishing and publishing
- Discussions need your input
- Audio Wikinews could always use more contributors
- And of course, stories need writing!
By the way, you can sign your name on Talk pages using four tildes (~~~~), which produces your name and the current date. If you have any questions, you can ask them at the water cooler or to anyone on the Welcommittee, or ask me on my Talk page. Again, welcome!--Umapathy 11:19, 1 October 2006 (UTC)
Thank you for starting/working on Glasgow International Airport begins to reopen; arrests made and houses searched, you obviously "get" that we need to start new stories. --Brian McNeil / talk 15:23, 1 July 2007 (UTC)
- I think if you review the history of Leader of al-Qaeda in Iraq arrested, the answer should be obvious. The story had been static for over twelve hours. Also by the time you made your edits, which were after 11:00 UTC, it was the next day almost everywhere except Samoa. Cheers, --SVTCobra 18:54, 11 May 2008 (UTC)