Boricuaeddie, welcome to Wikinews! I hope you like the place and decide to stay. Here are a few good links for newcomers:
Our key policies - if you read anything, read these!
- Wikinews:Neutral point of view - tell every side to a story in a fair and balanced way
- Wikinews:Cite sources - everything in a Wikinews article must be sourced
Here a few pointers to help you get to know Wikinews:
- Wikinews:Introduction - overview of the site
- Wikinews:Writing an article - how to write and publish a complete article
- Wikinews:Content guide - what's suitable for Wikinews
- Wikinews:Style guide - how articles should look before publishing
- Wikinews:Contents - the contents page.
There are always things to do on Wikinews:
- Existing articles need expanding and checking for spelling and mistakes
- The front page lead articles often need updating
- Developing stories need finishing and publishing
- Discussions need your input
- Audio Wikinews could always use more contributors
- And of course, stories need writing!
By the way, you can sign your name on Talk pages using four tildes (~~~~), which produces your name and the current date. If you have any questions, you can ask them at the water cooler or to anyone on the Welcommittee, or ask me on my Talk page. Again, welcome! --Brian McNeil / talk 20:24, 12 November 2007 (UTC)
Image Language Edit
I would like to know why you reverted me here. Please note that the interwiki link to the Spanish Wikinews appears twice in that page. My removal fixed that problem. --Boricuæddie 19:18, 26 January 2008 (UTC)
Per other requests we've had from non-English Wikinewsies seeking accreditation can you get some of the admins on your home project to put in a word for you? I don't read Spanish so can't judge your contributions there well enough. --Brian McNeil / talk 19:34, 27 January 2008 (UTC)
Wikinews:Water_cooler/miscellaneous#Please_close: replied there.
- Please ask some Spanish admins if they can comment on your request in English, like Brian requested. They can do that on your talk page here or on the Spanish wn, just provide us with a link, that would be nice.
- Could you consider updating your Special:Preferences to enable emails from the wiki?
- You can Special:Emailuser/Messedrocker to request a press pass.
- You can ask User:Brianmc for a wikinewsie.org email address, which will give you access to scoop emails and group discussion there.
Your comment in Raul Castro article Edit
This is regarding this comment. Although everyone is welcome to contribute constructively to wikinews, we would like to remind you not to attack other editors. Please comment on the contributions and not the contributors. Thank you. Andjam - (talk) 03:30, 3 March 2008 (UTC)
Accreditation Expiration Edit
Greetings, I wanted to let you know that our policy regarding accreditation has recently changed slightly. Specifically we've enacted an automatic expiration of accreditation after 2 years. You can very easily "re-up" your accreditation should you choose to, but at this point in time you're on the Inactive list. As such your accreditation will automatically be revoked on March 15th unless you request otherwise. Currently, posting to the following thread will keep your accreditation. At a later date, all Accredited reporters will be put in for that "re-up", at which time you'll be notified. Thank you, and should you have any questions, feel free to contact me on my talk page. --ShakataGaNai ^_^ 20:34, 4 March 2010 (UTC)