US political pundit Bre Payton, 26, dies suddenly
Sunday, December 30, 2018
U.S. writer for the online magazine , and recurring pundit on the , and networks, died suddenly on Friday in San Diego, California, after contracting and . Colleagues reacted with surprise to the death and recalled Payton's work ethic, Christian beliefs, and physical attractiveness. News of the death spread virally, becoming the sixth most trending topic in the United States on for the day., a 26 year old
According to an account on Caring Bridge, a day after she appeared on One America News on Wednesday, Payton was found unresponsive. She was hospitalized and admitted into the. After tests, doctors made the diagnoses. Her condition worsened until she died.
"We are devastated," tweeted The Federalist publisher , "Last we saw her, she was her funny, smart, vivacious self. Now lost to us so suddenly."
In a piece published yesterday, Domenech reflected on Payton's role as a young conservative woman and described her as "distractingly beautiful for the men of Washington D.C. [...] smarter than all of them, [and] would outwork them and outresearch them and outreport them".
Payton joined the The Federalist in April 2015 after graduating from. In addition to One America News, she appeared on the Fox shows , , , and .
"I cannot believe this," tweeted Fox News @ Night host, "[Payton] was such a beautiful light, smart and funny and kind and talented[...] Please pray for her broken hearted loved ones, who are undoubtedly reeling. She was far too young."
Payton is survived by four siblings and her parents who have started a scholarship fund in her name to benefit "young, rising, Christian leaders."
- "Trending searches - December 28, 2018 (United States)" — , December 30, 2018 (accessed)
- Curtis Houck. "Tweet" — , December 29, 2018
- Ben Domenech. "A Federalist Remembrance Of Bre Payton, Our Colleague And Friend" — , December 29, 2018
- Dakin Andone. "Bre Payton, 26-year-old conservative writer, dies following sudden illness" — , December 29, 2018
- "Bre’s Story" — , December 28, 2018 (updated)
- Cheekie Payton. "Bre Payton Scholarship Fund" — , December 28, 2018
- Alex Pappas. "Bre Payton, conservative writer, dies at 26 after sudden illness" — , December 28, 2018
- The Federalist Staff. "Bre Payton, Beloved Staff Writer At The Federalist, Has Passed Away" — , December 28, 2018