US President Donald Trump tests positive for COVID-19
Saturday, October 3, 2020
Very early yesterday morning, the Donald Trump reported he and his wife tested positive for . Officials said the Trumps' 14-year-old son tested negative as did and Senior Advisors and .President
Trump took to social media, posting at 12:54 am local time (0454 Twitter, "Tonight, [Melania] and I tested positive for COVID-19. We will begin our quarantine and recovery process immediately. We will get through this TOGETHER!" Yesterday afternoon landed on the 's flying Trump to (WRNMMC) in , .) on
Reports said both were showing "mild symptoms". Senior administration officials were tested as people were informed of the positive test. Senior advisorhad tested positive on Thursday.
issued a statement saying Trump has been given , , and a daily . Conley also gave a single dose of the experimental drug from .
According to official statements, Trump, now operating from the WRNMMC, is to continue performing his duties as president during a 14-day Mike Pence could take over the duties of president via the . The Pence family all tested negative as of yesterday and there were no changes regarding Pence's campaign events.. In the event of Trump becoming incapacitated, Vice President
- Kathryn Watson, Sarah Lynch Baldwin, Caroline Linton, Grace Segers. "Live updates: Trump gives thumbs up as he is transferred to hospital" — , October 3, 2020
- Donald J. Trump. "Tonight, @FLOTUS and I tested positive for..." — , October 2, 2020
- Kevin Liptak and Jeremy Herb. "Trump's positive Covid-19 test throws country into fresh upheaval" — , October 2, 2020
- Tamara Keith, Ayesha Rascoe, Mark Katkov, Alana Wise, and Franco Ordonez. "Trump Takes 'Precautionary' Treatment After He And First Lady Test Positive For Virus" — , October 2, 2020
- Jamie Ducharme. "President Trump Has Been Treated With an Experimental COVID-19 Antibody Cocktail. What's That?" — , October 2, 2020