Two unconscious drug-overdosed men discovered outside University of Canberra residence hall
Friday, April 12, 2013
Yesterday morning in the Australian Capital Territory, two unconscious men were discovered outside the 's New Ressies.
Police said both men were in critical condition after being transported to nearby. According to the University of Canberra and Campus Living Services, who operate the university's residence halls, neither man attended the university. Detective Sergeant John Giles from ACT Policing's Criminal Investigations said the police believe both men overdosed on a synthetic product, which they likely consumed believing it was . According to Giles, ecstasy is commonly used at nightclubs in Canberra.
Emergency services were first called to the scene at 11:00am Canberra time; officials were on site for at least another hour and a half. ACT Policing secured the area while AFP Forensics investigated. At this stage, thedo not believe there were any suspicious circumstances surrounding the incident.
The incident follows a fire alarm going off at 3:20am Canberra time, and going off again around 7:20am. Fire alarm testing has been scheduled for today.
- "Two men found unconscious at University of Canberra" — , April 11, 2013
- "Police and health warning following overdose" — , April 11, 2013