Talk:Rapper Kanye West denounces Bush response, American media at hurricane relief telethon
You've just gotta love FOX News' coverage of this: "The show, simulcast from New York on NBC, MSNBC, CNBC and Pax, was aired live to the East Coast, enabling the Grammy-winning rapper's outburst to go out uncensored." That pretty much expresses their editorial opinion - anyone expressing views contrary to public opinion on a public broadcast ought to be censored. - McCart42 (talk) 14:43:29, 2005-09-03 (UTC)
- My mistake - that text was actually AP text. Still, I'm annoyed at their wording. Kanye had a right to speak his mind - granted, it isn't what the show's producers would have liked to be associated with their image, but they gave him the mic and they shouldn't require that he just be a talking head. - McCart42 (talk) 14:51:38, 2005-09-03 (UTC)
- Meh. I'm still waiting for viable criticism about Fox News - so far, it's been nothing but the redundant sayings around the 'net. But anyways, this is terrible for someone to say. It quite possibly turned off many people from donating funds to the relief because of his comments. --Mrmiscellanious 15:35, 3 September 2005 (UTC)
I've added a commented out related news link to a story for the aggregation of inflamatory comments. Someone should uncomment that link when that story is switched to published. - Nyarlathotep 15:53, 3 September 2005 (UTC)
WIKINEWS, WHERE ARE YOU?Edit
Where the hell are you? Every other media org is covering how incredibly late the Federal govt.'s response was to this disaster. But not a peep out of WIKINEWS. By now, EVEN Bush has admitted the response was inadequate. WIKINEWS seems to be very late in the game on things like this. I'm very dismayed in it's approach here with a headline that looked like it came striaght out of the onion or the classic '1984' novel.
I have to wonder if there is a lot of conservatives here who rabidly delete/edit factual news and headlines and hide behind a bullsh|t NPOV to promote their agenda here?
- Wait, so you say the headline for the Dance party article was too extreme? Dance party broken up by police in Utah, USA? That sounds very toned-down for the content of the article myself. -- NGerda 21:29, September 3, 2005 (UTC)
- I think you completely misunderstood me. It's sounds like a non-event headline that authorities would love to use because it hides the event through obscurity. Who cares about a "Dance party broken up by police"? The REALITY is it was a "1000+ concert broken up by paramilitary-style police forces". NGerda, if you haven't already please look into reading the book '1984' and I think you'll better understand where I'm coming from. -Cowicide 22.214.171.124
- I did read 1984, and I do see the parallels. You said that the headline looked like it was out of The Onion, and I thought The Onion overstated things a lot. So you see my confusion, hewever, we're beyond that now ;) -- NGerda 23:28, September 3, 2005 (UTC)
Spelling Error in Article TitleEdit
His name is "Kanye West" not "Kayne West". --126.96.36.199 21:39, 3 September 2005 (UTC)
- You can fix it just as anyone else can. -- NGerda 23:29, September 3, 2005 (UTC)
Kanye West said he is going to donateEdit
He stated he was going to call up his business manager to find out what the maximum amount of money he can donate is, it should be included in this article, it happened only minutes before his "George Bush doesnt care about black people" comment.
The negro West went went way over the line...most of the people stuck in New Orleans aren't worth saving, but we are saving them anyway. The criminals (negroes) stayed so they could steal from the people (negroes) who were smart enough to try and get out. The ones shooting at the relief effort are negroes...shoot back and leave 'em for dead...they contribute nothing to society anyway. Any negro worth a damn tries to get educated, tries to better themselves, gets a job, is insulted by welfare, seeks respect, and won't stop trying. The rest of the negroes who bitch all the time, live off of welfare, and blame the government for all their problems are a waste of time and money and a drain on the human race...they need to expire in accordance with the balance of nature. Be a nigger if you want to...you will get what you earn.... (unsigned comment by 188.8.131.52)
- And how do your comments not go 'over the line'? (unsigned comment by 184.108.40.206)
- Huh? ----Ardonik.talk(*) 05:29, 4 September 2005 (UTC)
- You gotta love reverse-psychology--220.127.116.11 12:10, 4 September 2005 (UTC)
- Don't feed the troll. lol. --Yarvin 21:59, 4 September 2005 (UTC)
Well, we all knew FOX news was a bag of bully-jock-sadist-Prom King propoganda. They openly advocate censorship now. Who can be surprised? - Silvio Strage
- Oh? Link? --Mrmiscellanious 19:42, 8 September 2005 (UTC)
Please change the first video link to Google served link: . The old one is dead.
Can anyone add a link to the relief telethon, it is A Concert for Hurricane Relief