Pakistan: At least 18 killed, others wounded in suicide attack at Balochistan Sufi shrine
Sunday, October 8, 2017
Devotees had gathered at the shrine, built in honour of Saint Pir Rakhel Shah, for the annual anniversary ritual. A policeman reportedly stopped the attacker at the gate of shrine before the attacker detonated the bomb. Local official Asad Kakar said, "Suicide bomber struck outside the shrine at the time it was packed with people". The militant group Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant claimed responsibility for the attack via the .
There have been several other attacks on Sufi shrines. In February, about 80 people were killed in a suicide attack in Sindh province. About 50 people were killed in another attack on the shrine of Shah Noorani, located in , Balochistan, on November 12, 2016. ISIL claimed responsibility for both.
- "Pakistan Sufi shrine: At least 18 killed in Baluchistan" — , October 5, 2017
- Asad Hashim. "Deadly blast hits shrine in Pakistan's Balochistan" — , October 5, 2017
- Gul Yousafzai. "Suicide bombing at southwest Pakistan shrine kills 18" — , October 5, 2017
- "Pakistan: IS attack on Sufi shrine in Sindh kills dozens" — , February 17, 2017
- "Attack on Shah Noorani shrine in Pakistan kills dozens" — , November 13, 2016