North Korean leader Kim Jong Un inaugurates the "Defence Development Exhibition 'Self-Defence-2021'"
Wednesday, October 13, 2021
As reported by North Korea's ruling , North Korean leader Kim Jong Un inaugurated a new weapons exhibition in Northern Pyongyang, on the occasion of the ruling Party's 76th founding anniversary. This exhibition is located in the , a museum built under the command of former leader Kim Jong Il., the newspaper of
A ceremony took place outside the exhibition house for the arrival of Kim Jong Un. The leader was greeted by cries of "" (Long Live, or Hurrah!) from the crowd, which were mainly military officers, party officials and "merited officials, scientists and technicians in the national defence industrial field." Present at the ceremony were high-ranking party officials , and . North Korean premier was also present, alongside Marshal . Kim Jong Un's sister could also be spotted in the crowd of officers.
The military band of the(KPA) and members of the Orchestra of the State Affairs Commission of the proceeded with a short musical display, playing songs about the Workers' Party. After the musical show, servicepersons of the KPA proceeded with a martial arts display, with some featured acts consisting of breaking bricks and tiles with bare fists, bending steel bars with the sternum and jumping over cars. A squadron of fighter pilots flew over the exhibition grounds, with coloured smoke being released from the jets to display the colours of the .
The ceremony was followed by a speech from Kim Jong Un inside the exhibition. In his speech, Kim said that "the US tacit sponsorship continue to damage the inter-Korean feelings and emotions" and that "South Korea has been unhesitant on several occasions in disclosing its ambition for securing military supremacy over us under the preposterous excuse of deterring threat from us".
Kim Jong Un also called for the North Korean nation to be "powerful also for our coming generations", citing this objective as the nation's "first and foremost task". He followed by calling upon the people to devote themselves to the defence abilities of the country.
After his speech, Kim Jong Un awarded servicepersons and other people with high decorations, including theand Orders, the and Kim Jong Il Prizes, the title of , the and watches signed with the named of and Kim Jong Il.
Kim Jong Un then toured the exhibition, where countless missiles were displayed, including editions, and of the Hwasong ICBM series.
After touring the exhibition, Kim Jong Un met the fighter jet pilots who flew over the exhibition and left in a limousine.
- "Defence Development Exhibition "Self-Defence-2021" Opens with Splendor" — , October 12, 2021
- "Kim Jong Un Makes Commemorative Speech at Defence Development Exhibition" — , October 12, 2021
- "N Korea’s Kim says US, S Korea threaten peace with arms buildup" — , October 12, 2021
- North Korea Now. "Belligerent N.K. leader says enemy is war itself" — , October 12, 2021
- Paektusan Revolutionary Army. "Marshal Kim Jong Un opens the National Defence Development Exhibition "Self-Defence--2021"" — , October 12, 2021
- (in English) Kim Jong Il Biography 2, Pyongyang: Foreign Languages Publishing House, http://www.korean-books.com.kp/KBMbooks/en/book/politics/4023.pdf, retrieved on October 12, 2021