Manipulation alleged in the "Mohammad Cartoons" affair
Saturday, February 4, 2006
The Danish tabloid Ekstra Bladet has published a 43-page document allegedly used by Danish Islamists in an international tour meant to involve the Arab world in a backlash against the Mohammad Cartoons.
The document contains several "extra" cartoons showing Mohammad as a pig, Mohammad sodomised by a dog and Mohammad as a pedophile. These cartoons have been said to be fabrications intended to heat up the issue.
The recent surge of indignation among many Muslims occurred three full months after the original publication of the cartoons.
- "Danish and Austrian embassies in Tehran attacked" — Wikinews, February 6, 2006
- "Danish and Norwegian embassies set on fire" — Wikinews, February 4, 2006
- "Tensions continue to rise in Middle East over "Mohammad Cartoons"" — Wikinews, February 2, 2006
- "Fatah assaults European Union office" — Wikinews, January 30, 2006
- "Saudis boycott Danish dairy produce" — Wikinews, January 27, 2006