California releases search warrant for Wells Fargo bank on identity theft
Saturday, October 22, 2016
TheDepartment of Justice on Wednesday released the warrant and affidavit of a criminal investigation of the bank. The State of California served the warrant on October 5 to search the headquarters of Wells Fargo for felonious activities related to .
The warrant said property to be seized at the bank's San Francisco headquarters was related to the unauthorized creation of accounts by Wells Fargo employees including the names of individuals for the accounts; account information and fees; the names of employees and their managers who created accounts without the consent of the Wells Fargo customers in question; and all communications including emails referencing the unauthorised accounts.
California Attorney General's criminal probe is part of an increasing list of officials nationwide questioning the business practices of Wells Fargo such as California State Treasurer who announced a one-year suspension of State investment with the bank on September 28; State Treasurer followed suit with a year-long ban on October 3; and United States of , of , and of , who wrote to the U.S. Security Exchanges Commission (SEC) suggesting investigation on September 29.
- Sarah N. Lynch. "California launches criminal probe into Wells Fargo account scandal" — , October 20, 2016
- George Avalos. "California launches criminal probe into Wells Fargo over bogus bank accounts" — , October 19, 2016
- James Rufus Koren. "California attorney general investigating Wells Fargo on allegations of criminal identity theft" — , October 19, 2016
- Becky Yerak. "Illinois treasurer: State will suspend Wells Fargo business" — , October 3, 2016
- Mitch Dudek. "State nixes business with Wells Fargo after fraud uncovered" — , October 3, 2016
- Rob Tricchinelli. "Senators Ask for SEC Probe of Wells Fargo" — , October 3, 2016
- Emily Glazer. "Three Senators Ask SEC to Investigate Wells Fargo" — , September 29, 2016
- Matt Vasilogambros. "California's Sanctions Against Wells Fargo" — , September 28, 2016
- Thomas Lee. "State Treasurer Chiang turns up the heat on Wells Fargo" — , September 28, 2016
- "Read the Wells Fargo search warrant" — , October 19, 2016
- Juan Pachon. "Menendez, Merkley, Warren Urge SEC Investigation of Wells Fargo for Misleading Investors and Violating Whistleblower Protections - Press Release" — , September 29, 2016
- Marc Lifsher. "Treasurer John Chiang Sanctions Wells Fargo Bank for Defrauding California Customers Calls for Overhaul of Banking Industry - News Release" — , September 28, 2016