Australian murder victims killed in different ways
Thursday, July 3, 2008
Media organisations have reported that the 69-year-old man killed his five year old grand daughter by drowning; her seven year old brother was killed by a blunt force trauma to the back of the head, and his wife was killed by multiple axe wounds to her body - including her head.
New South Wales Police could not confirm the post-mortem examination, saying that the results of the post-mortem examination are not expected to be finalised for a couple of days and may not be immediately made public.
The 69-year-old man, who went before Deniliquin Local Court on July 1, 2008, was refused bail and charged with three counts of murder and one count of attempted murder. He is currently in a special holding cell on 24-hour watch at the Junee Correctional Centre. A further appearance is due in Wagga Wagga Local Court via an audio-visual link on July 7, 2008.
- "Man to face court after axe attack in Australia" — Wikinews, July 1, 2008
- "Three murdered, one injured in axe attack in Australia" — Wikinews, June 30, 2008
- Les Kennedy and Jonathan Dart. "Cowra rampage: boy hit in back of head" — , July 3, 2008
- "One child drowned, another struck in Cowra killings" — , July 3, 2008
- "Kids may have drowned in axe attack" — , July 3, 2008