Argentine footballer Javier Pastore leaves Paris SG for AS Roma
Tuesday, June 26, 2018
On Tuesday, Italian-capital football club AS Roma announced the signing of Argentine midfielder from French club Paris Saint-Germain on a five-year contract, which runs through to June 30, 2023. AS Roma said they paid a fee of €24.7 million for Pastore's transfer.
29-year-old Pastore joined Paris in 2011, and since then the Argentine has played over 250 games for the French club. Pastore has scored 45 goals and provided 56 assists. During his tenure at the French-capital club, Pastore has won five each of the French and trophies and four each of the and . Internationally, Pastore has played 29 games for Argentina, scoring two goals.
After signing the contract, Pastore said,"I am very happy to be here at Roma, It is great to return to Italy, and to do it with such a great club" ((it))Italian language: Sono molto felice di essere arrivato alla Roma, è bello tornare in Italia e farlo in una grande squadra. He added saying, "I hope to repay in full all the enthusiasm, support and affection that Roma fans have shown me already." ((it))Italian language: Spero di restituire pienamente l’affetto che mi hanno già dimostrato i tifosi
- "Italian football: Nainggolan moves to Inter Milan from Roma" — Wikinews, June 26, 2018
- "Javier Pastore: Roma sign Paris St-Germain midfielder for 24.7 million euros" — , June 26, 2018
- "Javier Pastore joins AS Roma" — , June 26, 2018
- "Roma complete signing of Javier Pastore from Paris Saint-Germain" — , June 26, 2018
- "Pastore signs for AS Roma" — , June 26, 2018
- "L'AS Roma perfeziona l'ingaggio di Javier Pastore" — , June 26, 2018 ()