Italian football: Nainggolan moves to Inter Milan from Roma
Tuesday, June 26, 2018
Today, via their website, Milan-based Italian football club Internazionale announced the signing of Belgian midfielder Radja Nainggolan from AS Roma on a four-year contract which runs until June 30, 2022. The deal is worth an initial fee of €38 million, AS Roma announced via their official website.
30-year-old Nainggolan joined Roma in January 2014 and has featured in 203 goals for the club. During his tenure at the Italian-capital club, Nainggolan scored 33 goals. Last season, the Belgian scored six goals in all competitions as Roma finished third in the Italian Serie A league, and reached the semi-finals of the UEFA Champions League. Internationally, Nainggolan has played 30 matches for Belgium and scored six goals. Last month, Nainggolan retired from international football after he was left out of the Belgian team in this year's FIFA World Cup in Russia.
After signing the contract, Nainggolan said, "Confidence is key and I received calls from Director ((it))Italian language: L'importante è sentire la fiducia, mi hanno chiamato il Direttore Ausilio, il Mister e Zanetti. Mi hanno fatto sentire importante, la mia scelta è stata semplice. Sono carico per la nuova avventura., the Coach and . They all made me feel important and my decision was simple. I am ready to go ahead of this new adventure."
With this move, Nainggolan will be reunited with former Roma coach, who joined Inter a year ago. Inter's and made a move in the opposite direction, moving to Roma on a permanent basis.
- "Radja Nainggolan: Roma midfielder joins Inter in £33m swap deal" — , June 26, 2018
- "Radja Nainggolan leaves Roma" — , June 26, 2018
- "Roma's Radja Nainggolan joins Inter Milan in deal worth €38m" — , June 26, 2018
- "#WELCOMENINJA: Nainggolan is a Nerazzurri player!" — , June 26, 2018
- "Nainggolan: "Che accoglienza! Sono carico per questa nuova avventura"" — , June 26, 2018 ()
- "Nainggolan: "What a warm welcome! I am ready for this new adventure"" — , June 26, 2018