YouTube hosts live music events in Japan and US
Sunday, November 23, 2008
The online video sharing site YouTube has today hosted the first official " " event, which featured many popular musicians and contributors to the site.
Another performer at the event, which started this morning at 0100 UTC, was Barack Obama's concession speech after losing the to Hillary Clinton. At the event will.i.am presented his song "In My Name," which calls for an end to child poverty., who published his song " " on YouTube, with the video receiving millions of views on the site. The song was based on
"YouTube Live is the first time a broad variety of YouTube stars are scheduled to appear together under one roof," stated Chris Di Cesare, who works for YouTube as the Head of Marketing. "There have been so many wonderful talents that have emerged from YouTube and more established acts continue to recognize how invaluable YouTube is to building their audience. We felt it was only right to recognize them all in true YouTube fashion."
YouTube has stated that, between them, the more than 50 artists performing at the event have 2.5 billion views for their videos on its website.
The audience of the event was primarily notable contributors and partners to the video sharing site.
- Jake Coyle. "Vloggers and stars alike gather for YouTube Live" — , November 22, 2008
- "Will.i.am presents a new look at his hit video ""In My Name"" - YouTube Live"". YouTube, Posted on November 22, 2008 by Live
- "YouTube Live" — , Retrieved November 22, 2008
- Press Release: "Rock Out With Katy Perry, Party with Fred, and Hit the Dance Floor With Soulja Boy Tell Em" — , November 6, 2008
- Sarah Lai Stirland. "Will.I.Am: From Online Video To Convention Floor" — , August 28, 2008