Wikinews Shorts: August 31, 2006
Thursday, August 31, 2006
UK Ferry investigated after yacht deaths
The United Kingdom's Marine Accident Investigation Board investigators are examining the Black Box on P&O's Pride of Bilbao regarding the unexplained sinking of a 27 ft (8 m) yacht, the Ouzo, and the drowning of Rupert Saunders, Jason Downer and James Meaby in the English Channel.
Reports: Richard Armitage identified as Plame leak source
The New York Times reports that former deputy secretary of state, Richard Armitage has admitted being the initial source leaking the identity of former CIA agent Valerie Plame, citing lawyers involved in the investigaton into the affair. According to the sources, Armitage revealed the identity to columnist Robert Novak in 2003 in a "casual conversation". He is reported to have informed the FBI of his disclosure and has not been charged with revealing the identity of a covert operative.
- James Blake. "Ferry black box could explain yacht disappearance" — , August 29, 2006
- BBC Online. "Missing yacht dead men identified" — , August 24, 2006
- Sky News. "Probe Into Yacht Disaster" — , August 29, 2006
- Neil A. Lewis. "First Source of C.I.A. Leak Admits Role, Lawyer Says" — , August 30, 2006
- "Sources: State Department official source of Plame leak" — , August 30, 2006
|This page has been automatically archived by a robot, and is no longer publicly editable.|