Wikinews:Briefs/June 2, 2007
Saturday, June 2, 2007
Neopets to become TV series
The popular Neopets website has become an interstitial television series, to air later this month on Nickelodeon in the United States. These interstitials introduce viewers to creatures on the virtual pet site, at the same time revealing clues that direct kids to the website to unlock games.
Kyra Reppen, Neopets' senior VP and general manager, commented to World Screen: "The Neopets Mini-Shows bring together Nickelodeon's powerhouse of expertise in making content for kids and tweens with the talented creative team at the Neopets studio. These animated shorts will bring to life the characters and adventures that make up the virtual world of Neopia."
ACT kids TV awards handed out in Toronto, Canada
The Alliance for Children and Television, a Canadian organization, announced its 2007 Awards of Excellence winners. Honouring the best of children's television, the awards were held in the Canadian Broadcasting Centre in Toronto, Ontario, the headquarters for the CBC television and radio networks.
- Grand Prize: Poko, Halifax Film, CBC
- Special Jury Prize: This is Emily Yeung, marblemedia/Sinking Ship Entertainment, Treehouse
- All Genres Age 3-5: This is Emily Yeung, marblemedia/Sinking Ship Entertainment, Treehouse
- All Genres Age 9-12: The Snow Queen, Amberwood Entertainment, CBC
- Animation Age 3-5: Poko, Halifax Film, CBC
- Animation Age 6-8: If the World Were a Village, 9 Story Entertainment, YTV, CBC, TVO, SRC, Treehouse
- Animation Age 9-14: 6teen, Nelvana, Teletoon
- Interstitial: Roll Play, Sinking Ship Entertainment, Treehouse/SRC
- Best Website: www.zimmertwins.com
- "Sinking Ship Entertainment Wins At Alliance for Children & Television Awards" — , June 2, 2007
- Lana Castleman. "Halifax Film's Poko takes top ACT award" — , June 1, 2007