SeniorWikiNewsReporter, welcome to Wikinews! Thank you for your contributions; I hope you like the place and decide to stay. Here are a few good links for newcomers:
Our key policies - if you read anything, read these!
- Wikinews:Neutral point of view - tell every side to a story in a fair and balanced way
- Wikinews:Cite sources - everything in a Wikinews article must be sourced
Here a few pointers to help you get to know Wikinews:
- Wikinews:Introduction - overview of the site
- Wikinews:Writing an article - how to write and publish a complete article
- Wikinews:Content guide - what's suitable for Wikinews
- Wikinews:Contents - the contents page.
There are always things to do on Wikinews:
- Existing articles need expanding and checking for spelling and mistakes
- The front page lead articles often need updating
- Developing stories need finishing and publishing
- Discussions need your input
- And of course, stories need writing!
By the way, you can sign your name on Talk pages using four tildes (~~~~), which produces your name and the current date. If you have any questions, you can ask them at the water cooler or to anyone on the Welcommittee, or ask me on my Talk page. Again, welcome!
It's confusing because your username may confuse other editors into thinking that you have a special or official position in the Wikinews community. You can request a change from a bureaucrat by visiting Wikinews:Changing username. --Chiacomo (talk) 00:17, 31 March 2006 (UTC)
I'm sorry. I don't really understand what you're saying -- that you are a senior reporter somewhere and that this entitles you to a username which notes that? Wikinews has no official special classes of editors -- though active contributors are sometimes recognized with barnstars or trophies. By requesting a username change you will be able to retain your edit history -- which is very handy, I think. Please visit Wikinews:Changing username to request a change to your username. I'll try to poke a bureaucrat to expedite the process for you. --Chiacomo (talk) 00:22, 31 March 2006 (UTC)
- You need to choose a different username. It is in violation of our username policy.. If you do not choose a new one your account will be renamed or blocked.BTW Welcome to Wikinews :) --Cspurrier 04:03, 31 March 2006 (UTC)
This welcome message is entirely inappropriate -- Wikinews welcomes editors from all over the world, even those for whom English is a second (or third or fourth) language. We try to be inclusive and friendly. It is not appropriate to criticise new users in the manner demonstrated by your edit above -- it borders on a personal attack and is certainly not civil. Please be friendly. --Chiacomo (talk) 00:36, 31 March 2006 (UTC)
Thankyou for the thanks. I unfourtanatly feel that I'm going to have to ask you to not comment on new user talk pages. The comments you made on the last two peoples talk page was hostile and inapropriate. In addition I highly recomend you follow chiacocomo's advice of changing usernames as your username is extremly misleading and probally won't be tolerated for much longer. Bawolff ☺☻ 03:36, 31 March 2006 (UTC)
This account is blocked.Edit
This user account is blocked. The username is inappropriate according to the Wikinews:Username policy. Also, in accordance with the Wikinews:Blocking policy, the first edits made by this account are disruptive, as well as biting new users and harmful to the community. - Amgine | talk en.WN 04:20, 31 March 2006 (UTC)