Nikishka, welcome to Wikinews! Thank you for your contributions; I hope you like the place and decide to stay. Here are a few good links for newcomers:
Our key policies - if you read anything, read these!
- Wikinews:Neutral point of view - tell every side to a story in a fair and balanced way
- Wikinews:Cite sources - everything in a Wikinews article must be sourced
Here a few pointers to help you get to know Wikinews:
- Wikinews:Introduction - overview of the site
- Wikinews:Writing an article - how to write and publish a complete article
- Wikinews:Content guide - what's suitable for Wikinews
- Wikinews:Contents - the contents page.
There are always things to do on Wikinews:
- Existing articles need expanding and checking for spelling and mistakes
- The front page lead articles often need updating
- Developing stories need finishing and publishing
- Discussions need your input
- And of course, stories need writing!
By the way, you can sign your name on Talk pages using four tildes (~~~~), which produces your name and the current date. If you have any questions, you can ask them at the water cooler or to anyone on the Welcommittee, or ask me on my Talk page. Again, welcome! FellowWikiNews (W) 21:46, 25 August 2006 (UTC)
hi, nikishka, welcome to wikinews. i just wanted to let u know that u can sign ur comments in talk pages by typing four tildes in a row (~~~~) after the comment. signing comments is very useful as it this helps to clarify who is saying what in a discussion. Doldrums 06:34, 26 August 2006 (UTC)
Working on editorial cleanup of 05 September Iraq story.
welcome to wikinews! appreciate your many contributions. i notice that u place categories under thier own section (by typing ==Categories== in articles. this is not required, as per the Wikinews:Style guide. u can just place all categories at the bottom of the article, leaving out the section header. welcome once again, and have fun editing here on wikinews. Doldrums 18:11, 5 September 2006 (UTC)
i've made some changes to the article - primarily adding a lead paragraph summarising the "new" news in this article, adding wikilinks and some minor copyedits. i've also left some suggestions as html comments in the article. if these are acted upon, i think the article will be even better. then we can go ahead andpublish it. (btw, u can sign ur comments by appending ~~~~ to the end of the comment) Doldrums 20:20, 5 September 2006 (UTC)