Elvis, welcome to Wikinews! I hope you like the place and decide to stay. Here are a few good links for newcomers:
Our key policies - if you read anything, read these!
- Wikinews:Neutral point of view - tell every side to a story in a fair and balanced way
- Wikinews:Cite sources - everything in a Wikinews article must be sourced
Here a few pointers to help you get to know Wikinews:
- Wikinews:Introduction - overview of the site
- Wikinews:Writing an article - how to write and publish a complete article
- Wikinews:Content guide - what's suitable for Wikinews
- Wikinews:Style guide - how articles should look before publishing
- Wikinews:Contents - the contents page.
There are always things to do on Wikinews:
- Existing articles need expanding and checking for spelling and mistakes
- The front page lead articles often need updating
- Developing stories need finishing and publishing
- Discussions need your input
- Audio Wikinews could always use more contributors
- And of course, stories need writing!
By the way, you can sign your name on Talk pages using four tildes (~~~~), which produces your name and the current date. If you have any questions, you can ask them at the water cooler or to anyone on the Welcommittee, or ask me on my Talk page. Again, welcome!Cirt - (talk) 13:50, 16 March 2008 (UTC)
Hi there, just a comment about this article which you've started, whilst we covered the first two months protests extensively, we decided against covering the third because it was suggested that unless anything different happens then it probably isn't newsworthy enough to merit us having an article every month saying the same things unless something of particular note happens. I'll watch with interest how this article can be developed and expanded but would warn you that it might be deleted if it simply proves to be a repetition of previous protests. As I'm sure you can understand, it is important that we take as neutral a stance as possible in relation to this issue, publishing a monthly report on the exploits of Anonymous might not be perceived as so especially if as I've said nothing to differentiate it from previous protests has occurred. The suggestion that protesters were attacked in some way might be such an instance and so I'd ask if this is based on original research or the German language source. If there is some solid source for this then it might be possible to keep this article if it is turned more towards a "protesters attacked" article rather than simply Anon protest CoS, again. Regards. Adambro - (talk) 18:48, 10 May 2008 (UTC)
- the "attack" was about 4-5 eggs thrown against the protesters. i think it is more of a minor detail since no one was hurt. i was not there when the eggs where trow, it was confirmed to my by the police that was standing there. i did not know about the decision to not cover the events any more. Elvis - (talk) 18:55, 10 May 2008 (UTC)
- No formal decision has been made not to cover the Anon anti-CoS protests any more, rather that is what I would suggest is the general feeling amongst the community which can be illustrated by the lack of coverage of last months protest. Adambro - (talk) 19:04, 10 May 2008 (UTC)