Chama, welcome to Wikinews! I hope you like the place and decide to stay. Here are a few good links for newcomers:
Our key policies - if you read anything, read these!
- Wikinews:Neutral point of view - tell every side to a story in a fair and balanced way
- Wikinews:Cite sources - everything in a Wikinews article must be sourced
Here a few pointers to help you get to know Wikinews:
- Wikinews:Introduction - overview of the site
- Wikinews:Writing an article - how to write and publish a complete article
- Wikinews:Content guide - what's suitable for Wikinews
- Wikinews:Contents - the contents page.
There are always things to do on Wikinews:
- Existing articles need expanding and checking for spelling and mistakes
- The front page lead articles often need updating
- Developing stories need finishing and publishing
- Discussions need your input
- If you're interested in audio recordings, Audio Wikinews could always use more contributers
- And of course, stories need writing!
By the way, you can sign your name on Talk pages using four tildes (~~~~), which produces your name and the current date. If you have any questions, you can ask them at the water cooler or to anyone on the Welcommittee, or ask me on my Talk page. Again, welcome! --Brian McNeil / talk 07:56, 27 March 2007 (UTC)
Why do you put every single little thing about the Suns on the front page, it's just spam.
watch a webcast edit
I do believe eventually it will become so easy and convenient that sports teams will webcast their events. Those will be original reporting opportunities for photographic screenshots and for the reporting of highlights of the game. -Edbrown05 07:12, 28 March 2007 (UTC)
- I'm also of the belief that if an individual or an orgaization decides to webcast themselves, they are in the public domain. You cannot broadcast something and yet retain digital copyrights to what was broadcasted, or webcasted, or whatever the nomenclature is. When it has gone public, well... it has been released for public scrutiny. -Edbrown05 07:22, 28 March 2007 (UTC)