Richard C.S. "Doc" KinneEdit
Significant News ContributionsEdit
Below is listed articles which I've made significant contributions to, or have written for Wikinews.
- South Africa to legalize same-sex marriage 15 November 2006
- Tsunami alert lifted for Japan and Russia 15 November 2006
- House Democrats name Pelosi speaker 16 November 2006
- Mobile homes exploded as tornado kills five in North Carolina 16 November 2006
- 2006 MLS championship goes to Houston Dynamos 17 November 2006
- UCLA student tasered repeatedly 17 November 2006
- Planet Mercury to blaze across Sun today 17 November 2006
- Chinese Wikipedia publishes 100,000th article 18 November 2006
- The Wii, Nintendo's new console, launches in North America 19 November 2006
- Pelosi says no to draft legislation 21 November
The best way to contact me is by email. Try "kinnerc at gmail dot com"
High School was spent at Rome (NY) Catholic High. I was semi active in the newspaper and yearbook.
Undergraduate years were spent at SUNY Oswego in NY where my major was Computer Science with a minor in Astronomy. I was active in the local TV media, WTOP-TV Ch. 10, as weather reporter, then weather director, and a Board member.
Graduate school was virtually done in Melbourne, AUS at Swinburne Technical University where I received a MSc. in Astronomy. There wasn't an outlet or opportunity for media involvement.
- I own and operate Amateur Radio station KE1ML.
- I'm the Clerk for the Arlington Street Meetinghouse in Boston, MA.
I first began doing a bit of edits with Vikipedio, the Esperanto version of Wikipedia a few years ago. From there I moved to Wikipedia. I became involved in Wikinews in November, 2006 after seeing and being very impressed with Good Night, and Good Luck. Hey, everyone needs an inspiration.
Wikinews has a strict policy of a neutral point of view, and in this context NPOV is a wise, wise policy. However, as a human being, I have a hell of a lot of opinions. You can read them here on my LiveJournal.