United Nations Security Council imposes sanctions on North Korea
Saturday, July 15, 2006
The resolution demands that North Korea 'suspend all activities related to its ballistic missile program.
The resolution requires allto prevent imports from or exports to North Korea of missiles and missile-related items as well as materials that could be used in
However, in order to keep China from vetoing the resolution, the resolution was not passed under of the , which is used on a legally binding document. However, the resolution is considered mandatory because of the way it is worded.
China and Russia proposed a resolution with weaker language, but later agreed to this tougher resolution.
North Korean ambassador to UN North Korea. He also vowed that North Korea will continue with its missile testings.spoke after the vote and criticized some members of the Security Council for attempting to isolate
- "North Korea test-fires missiles" — Wikinews, July 6, 2006
- "North Korea to test missile that could reach U.S. mainland" — Wikinews, June 14, 2006
- "North Korea fires missiles during training exercise" — Wikinews, March 9, 2006
- "UNSC approves sanctions against North Korea" — , July 15, 2006
- Evelyn Leopold. "UN Council imposes sanctions on N. Korea" — , July 15, 2006
- "Security Council votes for N. Korea sanctions" — , July 15, 2006
|This page has been automatically archived by a robot, and is no longer publicly editable.|