UEFA Euro 2016, Last 16: France-Republic of Ireland, Germany-Slovakia, Hungary-Belgium
Tuesday, June 28, 2016
France 2–1 Republic of Ireland
Ireland won an early penalty kick as Paul Pogba brought down an Irish player in the penalty area. scored from the penalty slot as the hosts trailed by a goal after just two minutes.
Antoine Griezmann equalised for France minutes before the hour mark. Moments after the hour mark, Griezmann scored the second goal and France led the game for the first time. The Irish team was reduced to ten men in the 66th minute, when fouled Griezmann.
France advanced to the quarter-finals conceding just two goals in the tournament, both penalty kicks.
Germany 3–0 Slovakia
Within ten minutes, Group C toppers Germany were 1–0 up as defenderscored his first goal for Germany. The Germans won a penalty kick but missed a chance to double the lead as his penalty kick was saved. But, scored the second a couple of minutes before half time. scored the third goal in the 63rd minute.
maintained another . Germany is yet to concede a goal in this tournament.
Hungary 0–4 Belgium
The Belgians were 1–0 up early asscored a header from 's free kick. The score remained the same till the 78th minute. scored the second goal. Within two minutes, the Belgian captain scored the third goal. scored the fourth goal as the game progressed to injury time.
Belgium advanced to the quarter-finals winning the Last 16 by a big margin.
- David Crossan and Paul Bryan. "UEFA EURO 2016 - France-Republic of Ireland" — , June 26, 2016
- "Live Scores - UEFA EURO 2016: France - Republic of Ireland" — , June 26, 2016
- Steffen Potter and Rastislav Hribik. "UEFA EURO 2016 - Germany-Slovakia" — , June 26, 2016
- "Live Scores - UEFA EURO 2016: Germany - Slovakia" — , June 26, 2016
- Matt Watson-Broughton and Berend Scholten. "UEFA EURO 2016 - Hungary-Belgium" — , June 26, 2016
- "Live Scores - UEFA EURO 2016: Hungary - Belgium" — , June 26, 2016