UEFA Champions League 2017–2018: Draw for Last 16 held at Nyon
Tuesday, December 12, 2017
Yesterday, the draw for the Last 16 for the 2017–18took place in , at about noon local time (1100 ). The draw took place in two pots, one consisting of the respective group winners, and the second of the runners-up. Winners of the Last 16 play in the quarter-finals.
UEFA Champions League is the competitive league of Europe in which football clubs topping their respective leagues play for the trophy. 32 clubs across the continent played in eight groups, and the winner and runner-up of each group qualified for the Last 16 knockout round.
|Group runners-up||Group winners|
|SUI)(||Manchester City (ENG)|
|POR)(||Liverpool FC (ENG)|
|ESP)(||Manchester United (ENG)|
|Real Madrid (ESP)||Paris Saint-Germain (FRA)|
|UKR)(||AS Roma (ITA)|
|Chelsea FC (ENG)||FC Barcelona (ESP)|
|Bayern Munich (GER)||Beşiktaş JK (TUR)|
Defending champions capital football club Tottenham are to play last season's finalists and Italian giants Juventus. Juve has finished runners-up in two out of last three Champions League finals — against in 2014–15 and against Madrid last season., who finished second in their group behind , are to face capital club . English
English champions . This week, Chelsea lost 1–0 to another Londonese club , leaving The Blues fourteen points behind Premier League leaders Manchester City. Manchester City are to play club . Manchester City defeated their city rivals Manchester United 2–1 in the league on Sunday, and they are eleven points clear of United.leaders Barcelona are to play
The first leg of Last 16 is scheduled to be played in mid-February. The return leg is to be held in March. The final is scheduled to be played atin , , on May 26.
Spanish clubs have won the last four editions of the UEFA Champions League, with defending champions Real Madrid winning thrice, and their arch rivals Barcelona winning in 2015.
- "Live Scores - Primera División - Standings" — , December 12, 2017 (date of access)
- Saj Chowdhury and Caroline Chapman. "European draws reaction & midweek PL build-up - rolling football news" — , December 11, 2017
- "Champions League draw: Chelsea face Barcelona, Tottenham to play Juventus" — , December 11, 2017
- "Real Madrid play PSG in Champions League, Chelsea get Barcelona" — , December 11, 2017
- "All the 2017/18 Chamionships League results and fixtures" — , December 11, 2017