Two found dead at Norway Rock Festival

Sunday, July 13, 2008

Location of Vest-Agder, Norway, county containing Kvinesdal.

Two people have been found dead by police at Norway Rock Festival in Kvinesdal. They were on or near a bus that six to eight others were found outside and hospitalized. It is thought that the deaths were due to carbon monoxide poisoning.

"We do not know exactly how they died, but we assume they suffocated on fumes while they were on the bus," said a police spokesperson. The deceased are believed to have been an unmarried couple with three children, and all the victims are thought to be Norwegians aged in the 20s and 30s. No names have been released.

"It seems they all inhaled what could have been exhaust fumes," commented Enoksen. He added that the lives of the others are thought to be safe.

The festival, established in 2006, continued as normal. Alice Cooper, Motörhead and The Quireboys were all performing at the event.