Two dead, thirteen missing after boat capsizes in Chinese lake
Wednesday, June 8, 2016
On Saturday, local authorities said a child died and three were being treated after a China at 14:50 local time (0650 ). At about noon on Monday a search and rescue team found the body of a middle-aged male passenger; thirteen other people were still missing.capsized at Bailong Lake in , ,
According to officials, strong winds caused the accident.
The boat had been running a three-hour tour and the accident happened several minutes before its finish. Officials on Saturday said the child was taken to hospital and pronounced dead there.
On Sunday, a Blue Sky rescue team spokesman said underwater video cameras located the boat at around 65(around 215 ) depth, with no signs of survivors. The search for the remaining then-fourteen people was ongoing.
Five families had been on board, and the boat operator, his wife, and his son.
The vessel was prepared for up to forty passengers.
- Meng Qingsheng. "Male body found, 13 still missing in Sichuan tourist boat accident" — , June 7, 2016
- "Search continues for victims of boat accident on Bailong Lake" — , June 6, 2016
- One dead, 14 missing after leisure boat capsizes in China" — , June 5, 2016 . "
- Child killed, 14 missing after leisure boat capsizes in China" — , June 4, 2016 . "
- 14 Missing, 1 Child Dead After Boat Capsizes on Chinese Lake" — , June 4, 2016