Thaksin denies rumours of resignation
Wednesday, March 1, 2006
Announcing his plan to lead Thai Rak Thai candidates to sign up for the April 2 snap election on Thurday morning, Thaksin stated that it was business as usual in his role as now-caretaker Prime Minister. His intention is to address a rally this Friday at Sanam Luang, the location of last Sunday's protest. According to Thailand's English-language paper, The Nation, he may announce proposals to have any newly formed parliament work on constitutional amendments.
- "Opposition may boycott Thai election; demonstrators want Thaksin out" — Wikinews, February 26, 2006
- "Thai snap-election set for April 2, 2006" — Wikinews, February 24, 2006
- "Thaksin to promise constitution amendments at Friday rally" — , March 1, 2006
- Thai News Agency. "Thai Prime Minister reaffirms he won't quit" — , March 1, 2006
- Thai News Agency. "PM inks reform pact with minor parties as elected opposition boycotts" — , February 28, 2006