Talk:Deadline to release Muslim prisoners passes, Gaza-held journalists released
Article is from the point of view of Hamas and the kidnappers.Ealturner 00:17, 27 August 2006 (UTC)
Why the quotes?Edit
Unless something very drastic has happened last night, prisoners in U.S "detention centres" such as Guatanamo Bay are still Muslims. Unless the valiant personnell of the U.S military succeeded in torturing them into converting to Christianity? PVJ(Talk) 05:19, 27 August 2006 (UTC)
They've been released: "CAPTORS RELEASE TWO FOX NEWS JOURNALISTS KIDNAPPED AUG. 14 IN GAZA". FNC Alert emailed me this message about 40 minutes ago.
- I went to the main page, [FOXNews.com FOXNews.com], and the release is front page news. It's official. Added to page. =D Jumping cheese 10:40, 27 August 2006 (UTC)
- I'm not sure how Wikinews works (I'm a Wikipedian), so does an admin need to change the title in the main page? ^_^ Jumping cheese 10:47, 27 August 2006 (UTC)
- I left a message on "Live chat". Is that how it works? =) Jumping cheese 10:53, 27 August 2006 (UTC)
- In all probability a new article should have been started. This one is now inaccurate, see:
i reverted the edit which added the text below as the edit itseld deleted earlier content. please merge the two, ensuring that no information is lost in the merger. Doldrums 17:04, 27 August 2006 (UTC)
- The pair’s captors, a previously unknown group called the Holy Jihad Brigades, were calling for the release of Muslim prisoners in America, but the US rejected such demands.
- According to Mr Centanni, the pair were ordered to convert to Islam at gunpoint. He told Fox News: "I have the highest respect for Islam... but it was something we felt we had to do because they had the guns and we didn't know what the hell was going on
- In a press conference, the two told of their joy at being released. They also urged journalists not to be deterred from reporting in Gaza. "I hope that this never scares a single journalist away from coming to Gaza to cover the story because the Palestinian people are very beautiful and kind-hearted," Mr Centanni said. The world needs to know more about them. Don't be discouraged."
Just need sources now.
Mick 17:20, 27 August 2006 (UTC)
what are they? Doldrums 10:13, 28 August 2006 (UTC)