Suspected 'mastermind' of London bombings no longer a suspect
Tuesday, July 19, 2005
The Egyptian chemist arrested in Cairo last week has no links with the London bombings, officials have said. The Egyptian interior ministry published a report which "made clear there was no link between Magdi Asdi el-Nashar and Al Qaeda or the bombings". Mr Nashar has still not been named a suspect by British police.
Just after his arrest, the Egyptian interior minister said that reports linking Mr Nashar to al-Qaeda were "groundless" and based on a hasty conclusion. Mr Nashar has always denied being part of the London bombings; however he is reported to have told investigators that he helped arrange the rental of a flat for one of the bombers, Hasib Hussain.
- "Possible 'mastermind' of London bombings captured in Egypt" — Wikinews, July 15, 2005
- "Egypt chemist 'not bomb suspect'" — , July 19, 2005
- "Egypt says Egyptian had no link to London bombs" — , July 19, 2005
| The text of this article has been released into the public domain. In the event that this is not legally possible, this article may be used for any purpose, without any condition, unless such conditions are required by law. This applies worldwide. Copyright terms on images, however, may vary, so please check individual image pages prior to duplication.
Please note that this only applies to Wikinews content created prior to September 25, 2005. All content created after that date is released under a Creative Commons license which is mentioned at the bottom of each article. This is currently the Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License.