Spanish councillor shot and killed in the Basque Country
Friday, March 7, 2008
A politician from Spain's ruling has been killed in Spain's northern , in the town of Mondragon. The shooting came just two days before general elections in Spain.
ETA., 42, was shot outside his house in front of his wife and daughter and was taken to hospital, where he died of his wounds. No group has claimed the attack but Spanish sources said the attack was probably carried out by the Basque group, considered as a terrorist group by European Union and United States,
Spain is in the final day of official campaigning ahead of Sunday's general election, in which the Socialist prime ministeris seeking a second term. The conservative opposition has focused his campaign in the terrorism and separatism, especially that of the Basque. After the shooting the main parties announced a halt to campaigning. According to the polls, the two parties are neck and neck in the race for the election.
- "Spanish politician dies in Basque shooting" — , March 7, 2008
- "Ex-councillor shot in Basque area" — , March 7, 2008
- "Politician Shot in Spain Basque Region" — , March 7, 2008
- "Un ancien conseiller municipal socialiste abattu en Espagne" — , March 7, 2008 ()
- "Muere el ex concejal socialista Isaías Carrasco, tiroteado en Mondragón" — , March 7, 2008 ()
- "PSE-EEko zinegotzi ohi bat hil dute Arrasaten, tirokatuta" — , March 7, 2008 ()