Small explosion investigated in Times Square, New York
Thursday, March 6, 2008
Police and the military are currently investigating a "small explosion" in Times Square, in midtown New York City. The investigation focuses around reports of a hole in the window of a military recruitment office in the center of the Square.
Reports suggest that the device was a "small bomb or incendiary device", however there were no reports of any injuries. Windows in the office were blown out and witnesses say the building shook from the blast.
Subway trains were earlier prevented from entering the area, while military units and fire officials investigated the incident. There are currently no suspects in the incident and no arrests have been made.
- "Explosion in Times Square near military recruiting centre: police" — , March 6, 2008
- AP. "Small explosion reported at Times Square" — , March 6, 2008
- Yinka Adegoke & Mohammad Zargham. "Small explosion hits New York's Times Square: police" — , March 6, 2008
- Mark Tran. "Explosion in New York's Times Square" — , March 6, 2008
- "NY Times Square closed over blast" — , March 6, 2008