Motor sport legend Peter Brock dies in rally
Friday, September 8, 2006
Brock died after his Daytona Coupe left the road and stuck a tree, shortly after 11:50AM today near the small town of Gidgengannup in Western Australia. His co-driver, Mick Hone was injured and taken to a nearby hospital for treatment.
Brock had admitted earlier in the day that he was "still coming to grips with the car" on radio. Spectators report seeing the rear of Brock's car sliding out as he negotiated a corner. They say he was going no faster than anyone else.
Race organisers and the Confederation of Australian Motorsport will conduct an investigation into the accident once the civil authorities have completed their investigation.
- Sydney Morning Herald. "Motor-racing legend killed in car rally" — , September 9, 2006
- "Peter Brock killed in crash" — , September 8, 2006
- "Motor icon Brock dies" — , September 8, 2006
- "Peter Brock killed" — , September 8, 2006
- Media Release. "Australian Motor Racing Legend Dies in Targa West" — , September 8, 2006
- Media Release. "QUIT Targa West" — , September 8, 2006
|This page has been automatically archived by a robot, and is no longer publicly editable.|