Mitt Romney officially nominated at Republican National Convention
Wednesday, August 29, 2012
Romney reached the required 1,144 vote threshold needed to win the Republican nomination at about 5:40 PM New Jersey delegation cast its 50 votes in support. The official nomination of Romney is the conclusion of the Republican presidential nomination process, which began with the on January 3.yesterday evening when the
U.S. Representative, who was selected by Mitt Romney as the then-presumptive nominee's running mate earlier this month, received the Republican vice-presidential nomination by acclamation, since there were no other candidates.
Mitt Romney and Paul Ryan, the now-official Republican ticket, will face the nominees of the Democratic Party, which will be selected at the next week. The presumptive Democratic nominees are incumbent President Barack Obama and incumbent Vice President Joe Biden.
- "Romney taps U.S. congressman Paul Ryan as presidential running mate" — Wikinews, August 12, 2012
- "President Obama easily wins Texas primary; Romney secures Republican nomination" — Wikinews, May 31, 2012
- "Mitt Romney officially wins Republican presidential nomination" — , August 28, 2012
- Mitchell Landsberg. "It's official: Mitt Romney is the GOP presidential nominee" — , August 28, 2012
- "Republicans nominate Paul Ryan for vice president" — , August 28, 2012