Major League Baseball roundup: September 9, 2007
Monday, September 10, 2007
- Mariners 14, Tigers 7: The Mariners scored 13 runs in the first four innings, led by Adrian Beltre, who drove in four runs off a two-run double and a two-run triple. Curtis Granderson went 4-4 in the loss, recording his 20th stolen base, and making him only the third player to hit 20 doubles, 20 triples, and 20 home runs, and steal 20 bases in a season.
- Red Sox 3, Orioles 2: Coco Crisp drove in the winning run off an eighth-inning single.
- Devil Rays 3, Blue Jays 2: Carlos Pena went 3-4, and scored the go-ahead run in the sixth on a solo home run (38).
- Twins 5, White Sox 2: Jason Kubel drove in the first four runs for the Twins, off a third-inning RBI single, and a fifth-inning three-run homer (11).
- Yankees 6, Royals 3: Alex Rodriguez hit a two-run homer in the 1st (52), and scored the go-ahead run off a two-run double by Jorge Posada.
- Rangers 12, Athletics 9: Sammy Sosa hit a three-run homer (19) and an RBI single in the win.
- Indians 6, Angels 2: Ryan Garko hit a three-run homer (17) in the middle of a five-run 4th inning for the Indians.
- Nationals 7, Braves 4: D'Angelo Jimenez drove in three runs, including a 3rd inning RBI single, a 7th inning RBI double, and an 8th inning RBI single.
- Mets 4, Astros 1: Carlos Beltran drove in two runs off an RBI single and a sacrifice fly, and scored off Moises Alou's two-run homer in the 5th.
- Phillies 8, Marlins 5: Pat Burrell hit a two-run homer and an RBI double.
- Pirates 10, Cubs 5: Freddy Sanchez had 4 RBI, including a bases-loaded triple (Sanchez was tagged out at home plate, attempting to stretch the triple into an inside-the-park homer).
- Rockies 4, Padres 2: Todd Helton hit an RBI single in the first, and hit his 35th double in the 6th, making him the first player ever to hit 35 doubles each season for 10 consecutive years.
- Giants 4, Dodgers 2: Ray Durham hit a pinch-hit three-run homer (11) in the 8th to win the game for the Giants.
- Diamondbacks 6, Cardinals 5: Tony Clark drove in the go-ahead and winning runs off a two-run double in the 7th.
- "Major League Baseball : Scoreboard" — , September 9, 2007
- "MLB Baseball Scoreboard" — , September 9, 2007