Major League Baseball roundup: September 17, 2007
Tuesday, September 18, 2007
- Indians 6, Tigers 5, 11 inn: Jhonny Peralta hit two homers (19, 20), including the game-tying homer in the 8th, and Casey Blake hit a walkoff solo homer in the 11th. The Indians (88-62) lead the Tigers (83-68) by 5.5 games in the AL Central; their magic number is 7. The Tigers trail the Yankees in the AL Wild Card by 3.5 games.
- Yankees 8, Orioles 5: Bobby Abreu picked up an RBI single and an RBI double. The Yankees (86-64) trail Boston by 3.5 games (with a magic number of 9) in the AL East, while the Yankees lead the Tigers in the AL Wild Card by 3.5 games.
- Blue Jays 6, Red Sox 1: Frank Thomas hit three home runs (23, 24, 25), driving in five runs as the Red Sox' lead in the AL East dropped to 3.5 games; their magic number is 9.
- Angels 10, Devil Rays 7: Chone Figgins and Howie Kendrick both hit RBI triples for the Angels (88-62), who lead the AL West by 8.5 games, and have a magic number of 5.
- Mariners 4, Athletics 0: Jose Lopez hit a three-run homer for the Mariners (79-70), who are 6.5 games back in the AL Wild Card race.
- Braves 11, Marlins 6: Andruw Jones hit a three-run homer for the Braves (77-73), who trail the Padres by 5.5 games in the NL Wild Card race.
- Nationals 12, Mets 4: The Nationals scored 12 unanswered runs for the win, dropping the Mets (83-66) to 2.5 games ahead of the Phillies in the NL East.
- Phillies 13, Cardinals 11: Ryan Howard hit a grand slam and a solo homer (39, 40), and Aaron Rowand hit two homers (25, 26) in a wild game; the Phillies (81-69) are 2.5 games back in the NL East.
- Cubs 7, Reds 6: Aramis Ramirez hit a two-run triple to tie the game in the bottom of the 9th, and Mark DeRosa hit an infield single that allowed the winning run to score. The Cubs (79-72) lead the NL Central by 1 game.
- Brewers 6, Astros 0: The Brewers (77-72) trail the Cubs in the NL Central by 1 game.
- Giants 8, Diamondbacks 5: Randy Winn had 4 RBI, including a go-ahead three-run homer in the 8th. The Diamondbacks (84-67) trail the Padres by 1 game in the NL West.
- Padres 3, Pirates 0: Mike Cameron hit an RBI double, and Khalil Greene hit a two-run homer in the win. The Padres (82-67) narrowed the deficit in the NL West by 1 game.
- Twins 5, Rangers 4: The Twins tied the game in the 9th on a Michael Cuddyer homer, and won later that inning on an error by Ian Kinsler.
- White Sox 11, Royals 3: The White Sox scored all eleven runs in a wild fifth inning that saw Danny Richar lead off with a solo homer (6), and hit an RBI triple (2) in his second at-bat of the inning.
- "Major League Baseball : Scoreboard" — , September 17, 2007
- "MLB Baseball Scoreboard" — , September 17, 2007